Can u boost the ARGTEC Antenna package?

Reaction score
view

Can I boost this anymore I added 2 other antennas that I got off of Amazon for like $5.00 I am in Florida and I am getting like 1500 feet I think I need more distance any thoughts?
(I am kinda new to this)

Your image ain't showin' up.

Yeah you can put amps on it. But what I suggest is you put the argtek in a box and put that in the attic. Then go online and buy an ITELITE.

Reactions: Matts175
Argtek should be getting better range than that. I got 10000ft with mine.are you flying in an area with a lot of interference?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Maybe double if you're lucky, but it's like adding sugar to dog poop. Just get the ITELITE. :grinning:
What's your max distance with the itelite and have you tried the argtek also?I've never seen a review where one person has tested both upgrades.reason for asking is I'm getting really good distance with my argtek and if the dbs is that much better how much more range could I get.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know because there are too many variables. I don't even own a P3S which is stock 1000 meters. I have a fully modded P2V which is stock 500 meters and I've flown it just under 17000 feet distance through trees (trees start blocking at 9000 feet distance). This is with the ITELITE and Maxxrange on control, and bird side array (panel) antenna. And amps. If I could fly higher I'd get clear LOS and I'd go further but I'm limited to 400' AGL ceiling.

See this thread for how to get best distance with a P3S:

This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Here is DB killing the world record on the P2V (I believe he used a CP antenna though):

http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/distance/phantom-2-vision/

Point is, if you own a 1995 Camaro, and your buddy owns a 1972 Volkswagon bug, and he's beating you, your setup has a fundamental flaw.

Last edited:
I will be fitting the Argtek to my P3S when I get home ..... during which I will try document as much as possible and also the comparable results before / after.

So far I have had over 620m with stock, I returned it home before it lost signal. It was still strong at that point in semi residential but heavy RF / WiFi area. I estimate I could have gone 700m no problem.

My main problem is intermittent video feed - which is what I hope to fix with Argtek. Range is not issue.

Nigel

I don't know because there are too many variables. I don't even own a P3S which is stock 1000 meters. I have a fully modded P2V which is stock 500 meters and I've flown it just under 17000 feet distance through trees (trees start blocking at 9000 feet distance). This is with the ITELITE and Maxxrange on control, and bird side array (panel) antenna. And amps. If I could fly higher I'd get clear LOS and I'd go further but I'm limited to 400' AGL ceiling.

See this thread for how to get best distance with a P3S:

This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Here is DB killing the world record on the P2V (I believe he used a CP antenna though):

http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/distance/phantom-2-vision/

Point is, if you own a 1995 Camaro, and your buddy owns a 1972 Volkswagon bug, and he's beating you, your setup has a fundamental flaw.
I can get just over 10000ft with my argtek setup without amps,I feel that's a pretty good increase from the 3000ft I was getting with a stock unit.so in my opinion and my experience the argtek was worth the money,and until someone shows me back to back testing that the dbs is that much better I can't see spending the money for a dbs.most videos on YouTube of the dbs are less than my range or about the same.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: skysummit
Has anyone tried amps on one? I know it's like painting a pig but already have it bought and installed.. Thanks .. And thanks for this forum. It's incredible.

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have an Argtek and went 9374ft. with it. I can disassemble the drone and antenna and put into my p3 backpack. Itelite is a more powerful antenna but it will be hard to pack and secure it into a storage backpack. Argtek installation is easier than Itelite. I opted for Argtek because lugging everything in a backpack is a huge consideration. I am very happy with Argtek. Make sure you use a hot glue gun (instead of sealants) to seal the connectors, and tidying the cables before assembling the controller because sealants take much time to dry as well as being too soft imho.

Hi k9:

I use all flats instead of the one stick + 2 flat panel combo (nowadays they also include a 3 stick combo). I tested the two setups under same condition, 3 panels flew 5000ft., and 2+1 combo went 3000ft. The good thing about the 2 +1 combo is that you don't need to aim precisely at the drone, while the flat panels will lose signals as you tilt up by even a millimeter (a millimeter of your upward tilt can be translated 10's of ft. when the bird is far away). You have to play with the aim of the flat panel to get the best distance. It would be the same for the itelite too because itelite is a flat panel. Always have the 3 panels up as high as you can, or stand yourself on high ground with every step that you can find. Hope this helps.

Reactions: k9time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers