Can trackers interfere with the drone signal?

Reaction score
It seems usable to have a tracker on the AC just for a case you eventually lost the drone.
My concern is interference with the drone signal. Is that of any relevance?

The second thing is, although those things are presumable light weighted can it have any influence on flying capabilities of the AC if you put it on the drone?

No problems with that, at all. Quite a few use them.

It seems usable to have a tracker on the AC just for a case you eventually lost the drone.
My concern is interference with the drone signal. Is that of any relevance?

The second thing is, although those things are presumable light weighted can it have any influence on flying capabilities of the AC if you put it on the drone?

Just perform a compass calibration after install.

This is often required after adding, removing, or relocating items which contain metal on the aircraft.

Trackers with Bluetooth signals should not pose any problem but if you have a tracker with GSM, you got to be little careful regarding its mounting position.

If trackers have magnetic materials, they might affect calibration.

In my opinion, trackers may not really affect the AC working if mounting position is correctly selected.

Ok, where would be the proper location(s) for mounting a tracker?

On the top, center, (blocking GPS reception) or possibly in close proximity to a magnetometer preventing compensation. Otherwise there should be no issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj