IMG_0192.JPG
    745.1 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    722.4 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    742.9 KB · Views: 467
Do you want to repair it yourself it send it away to be repaired?

For a price, you'll need to call a repair shop. If you're in the US, UAV Repair Shop does good work.

If you want to repair it yourself, it looks like you'll need new props and a gimbal roll/yaw arm kit at the minimum.

Reactions: LamboH
Its not the gimbal that needs replacing (at least from what we can see) - its the "Gimbal raw/yawn kit" that needs replacing. They can be had on Amazon for around $80.00 US.

718tdbLQWpL._SX522_.jpg

If you are handy at all mechanically - I am sure you could assemble this yourself - likely plenty of YouTube videos on repairing this. Best of luck and safe flying when you get back in the air!

Reactions: Mako79
Its not the gimbal that needs replacing (at least from what we can see) - its the "Gimbal raw/yawn kit" that needs replacing.

Isn't the gimbal plate also broken? I must admit I don't have 100% what the different components are called/made up of, but the pictures shows the plate attached to the Phantom itself is cracked(that's not apart of the gimbal?), together with the "gimbal raw/yawn" that is broken :)

The plate may be changed independent of the gimbal itself?

There is a small crack on the plate which was already there I have already ordered that part.
Drone doctor has quoted me £279 for the repair

Its not the gimbal that needs replacing (at least from what we can see) - its the "Gimbal raw/yawn kit" that needs replacing. They can be had on Amazon for around $80.00 US.

718tdbLQWpL._SX522_.jpg

If you are handy at all mechanically - I am sure you could assemble this yourself - likely plenty of YouTube videos on repairing this. Best of luck and safe flying when you get back in the air!
would this fix it?
Buy Phantom 3 - Camera (Sta) | DJI Store

Looks like if that is for your model of Phantom it would fix things up for sure since you have the mounting plate (broken one) replaced.

Replacing the camera and not just the "gimbal raw/yawn kit" is likely the best move as shown on the link you posted (camera may have been damaged anyway so good move to replace it).

Good luck (don't forget to replace the props - all of em)!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic