Can the wifi module be replaced with a new one?

Reaction score
My module is burnt out, I'm wondering if you can buy a new one anywhere and install this.

You can get new ones I just changed mine along with the extender. But I still can't get my camera to work correctly, maybe someone knows what procedures go along with changing them. There are some really informative YouTube videos about changing them out. Good luck
PS got both of mine from Amazon but I see lots of other dealers who have them

Before doing all this, have you confirmed that the wifi module is dead?
Have you done the ping test?
192.168.1.1 (range extender)
192.168.1.2 (wifi top board)
192.168.1.10 (wifi lower board - this one is the usually the culprit).

It's not hard to change the wifi module.
Open Shell. Look for the metal box sitting next to the NAZA/IMU.
Remove 3 cables and 2 antenna cable that is attached to the wifi module.
Remove the screw and carefully lift off the main board. Its held with doublesided tape.
Plug new one in and go through the pairing process. Make sure you stick the new wifi modules barcode on the outside of the Phantom and write down the MAC address if you want to manually bind.

Reactions: Chris berd
Buy a vented one. With the price of the module (almost $200} it's about as easy to buy a used P2V+ for $300-$400 and then part yours out. A working camera and gimble usually brings $300+, plus you'll gain an extra battery. I've got two P2V+'s and both need wifi modules. I'd rather be flying one of them then flying my P3S or P3P.

I've replaced my wifi module and did the rebinding process but nothing at all is connecting now. The old one at least would fly just no fpv. Any ideas ?

I've replaced my wifi module and did the rebinding process but nothing at all is connecting now. The old one at least would fly just no fpv. Any ideas ?

Which Mac addy you using?
New module, new addy.

Use android InSSIDer app to track hidden wifi signature
( turn ONLY phantom on ) no Tx or extender, open app, look for ( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) the last 6 digits are your Mac addy, 60:60:1f is DJI's unique code.

Rebind with this new number, let us know.

J Dot
:cool:

Have the same problem. I did the ping test. The first two pinged but the last one 192.168.1.10 (wifi lower board) did not. Thanks for the great troubleshooting info. I'm going to see about ordering another board and slapping it in..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4