Can the radio frequency signal cause cancer ?

Reaction score
Don't want to sound paranoid but has anyone else thought about this ? Meybe our tech experts can shed light on this.

For the amount of time you will be next to the TX I would assume the risk is nil. I would bet you get more issues from your microwave oven. Radio waves of all types & frequencies travel through your body every day. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is something you need to worry about. :)

Probably get more from a cell phone .

Yeah - wasn't there some sort of panic a while back about holding a cell phone to your head all the time?

I wouldn't worry about RC.

So if rc radio is safe, then directional mod like windsurfer or fpvlr should be extra safe ?

Well, there's a scientific answer and a simple answer. Despite multiple scientific tests no evidence has been produced to validate the question, is the scientific answer. The simple answer is very, very, very, very, very unlikely. ;)

Radio radiation is way down the Electro Magnetic Spectrum (EMS) when compared with the dangerous radiation of say X-rays and Gamma-rays. EMS is actually split into two distinct parts called radiation bands, with one being the "Ionizing" band, which includes X-rays etc, and the other the "Non-Ionizing" band, which includes ultraviolet light, visible light, microwaves and right at the bottom of the pile is the poor radio wave. Think of the high frequency Ionising radiation as being capable of splitting electrons from atoms and you'll get the picture.

So, you'd probably get more radiation damage from shining a high powered flashlight in your ear.:D

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Tell that to the radar cop who had a habit of keeping his radar gun switched on and in his lap between targets

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20