Can the H3D3 gimbal point straight down "update SOLVED"

Reaction score
I just set up my new Phantom 2 and I'm using Ianwood's profile for my Futaba 8FG radio. Everything (P2, iOSD, Immersion600, BP, pinwheel antenna and Futaba 8FG) is new, however after I installed all the listed items in my new P2 I noticed that the camera does rotate between the -30 and +30. I was wondering if that's normal of the gimbal or are there setting to allow the gimbal to point straight down?

Re: Can the H3D3 gimbal point straight down

Yes, it can point straight down, absolutely.
My guess, is you are controlling the camera with two channels, but you did not realize it.
(but this is only a guess) hope someone else has a better idea.

Lithium12.6 said:
Yes, it can point straight down, absolutely.
My guess, is you are controlling the camera with two channels, but you did not realize it.
(but this is only a guess) hope someone else has a better idea.
Lithium I'm not sure what exactly two-channels mean or what I may have done. But for what its worth the one thing I have not installed (yet) is the Futaba Rx. For now I'm using the original P2 Rx with a Futaba radio and running Ianwood's v5. Would the issue be resolved when I install the Futaba Rx?

Lithium I used the Phantom Assistant software to checked my Gimbal Settings. My Horizontal Limits were set at -30 and Vertical Limits set at zero. Once I set the Horizontal Limits to "zero" I now have full range of the gimbal.

Yes, the rear lever on the stock controller can direct the camera downwards.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj