can the fc40 flip?

Put it in manual mode and you can. Of course, it can also do a splat that way.

Will i have to take it the opposite way first? Like back And then Quick forward or Just pull it forward???

pyromjaal said:
Will i have to take it the opposite way first? Like back And then Quick forward or Just pull it forward???

To do a flip, all you have to do is put it in manual mode and hold your right stick down in the direction you want to flip until you're right side up again. In manual mode, if you move the right stick in any direction, it'll move in that direction and stay if you let off the controls, and won't correct itself or level out so you have to pull back in the opposite direction to level out again. Just make sure you're up high enough to compensate for the drop during a flip. I recommend getting quite a bit of altitude before trying out any flips to get a good feel for it. Also keep in mind that if you ever lose control, you can always flip back to gps/atti mode to level out again and save your phantom.

Rustysocket said:
I cant say ive ever seen a PHANTOM flip

Well, I have an fpv view of manual mode flight with my phantom doing flips, I tried to do a video of it with my phone, but the phantom goes out of focus fast. If I ever get a good camera though, I'll be sure to get a nice ground view as well.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kNyXPV0_Nk[/youtube]

Can i fly upside down if i Just take the trottle down when Im halfway in the flip? Or is that impossible

i did a flip with mine a few weeks ago,not on purpose but taking off with a new camera and gimbal. had to learn to fly again
sorry ...couldn't resist

wow that video was sick and the first video I have seen yet were it was not some one trying out manual mode and haveing an instant epic crash right after they fliped the switch. I was starting to think manual mode was for when you need an epic crashand cant wait to just have one natrialy lol

pyromjaal said:
Can i fly upside down if i Just take the trottle down when Im halfway in the flip? Or is that impossible

Nope, no upside down flying for the phantom (unless you count free falling), but they do have a few quads out there that can, both collective pitch (blades tilt to create lift) and fixed pitch (blades spin faster to create lift). I'm sure if you wanted to, you could make it fly upside down, but you'd probably have to replace almost everything on the phantom to pull it off.

Thanks! It's mostly just for fun flying, but it can be a life saver as well, especially if you're flying up high and need to drop some altitude, or if you get stuck in strong winds gps/atti can't get you out of. It takes a lot of practice, and you'll probably crash a few times, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually a lot of fun. Also, if you decide you just hate your phantom and want it to die, just take it up as high as you can, flip it upside down, and give it full throttle. I've never tried it, but I'm sure that should get the job done, but if you want to add a few more points to your crash, try to aim for an old lady on your way down. :lol:

Kitari, was that you flying? Seriously.

Dude, give lessons. That's the hottest **** I've seen any Phantom do. :eek:

Can you teach an old man to do that? I'll throw my bird in my saddle bag and start trotting.

kitari said:
pyromjaal said:
Nope, no upside down flying for the phantom (unless you count free falling), but they do have a few quads out there that can, both collective pitch (blades tilt to create lift) and fixed pitch (blades spin faster to create lift). I'm sure if you wanted to, you could make it fly upside down, but you'd probably have to replace almost everything on the phantom to pull it off.
To fly upside-down (without adjustable pitch blades), the blades would have to turn backwards to reverse the thrust. Of course, regular blades would perform poorly like that. You'd also need ESCs that were capable of running in forwards or reverse, as well as a flight controller that could handle that.

IflyinWY said:
Kitari, was that you flying? Seriously.

Dude, give lessons. That's the hottest **** I've seen any Phantom do. :eek:

Can you teach an old man to do that? I'll throw my bird in my saddle bag and start trotting.

yep, that's me flying, and sure, I'll try to give some lessons. I did a video on how to fly manual mode a while back, but I've gotten much better since then, so I might take that video down and make a better (how to) video on it.

So for now I'll just explain the basics the best I can. First of all, manual mode simply doesn't fly the way gps/atti mode does. Yes the controls do the same in a way, but you use them differently. I'm sure you already know that on your cyclic controls (right stick), when you push the stick up you'll tip forward and eventually do a complete flip as long as you hold it down. If you push the right stick up and let off, you won't self level, so you'll continue to move forward and/or down depending on the angle of your phantom, so you'll have to push the stick down or in the opposite direction of the initial direction until the phantom is leveled out (usually going a little over the level position to stop the phantom and hover in place). Now, with that said, you also have to work that throttle as well! So let's say you wanted to go forward, all you would do is tilt it forward a little, let off right stick, and then hit the throttle for forward movement and to keep it from dropping altitude from the angle of the phantom. Also keep in mind, that the phantom is much faster in manual mode than gps/atti mode, so your first attempt might freak you out a little at first, but if it get's too out of control, just remember this... when things get bad, just flip it back to gps and it'll self level even if you're upside down!

So I guess that's it for now, It's time to go home, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I tried ti flip today and you can say that it didn't go very well. I Just pushed the trigger full And stupid as i am i didn't release the trottle when upside down. Long story short, the quad crashed bad. I have read in the manual that trottle below 10% Will make the engines turn off. Will they do that if i am upside down?? Can anyone tell me step by step How to take a flip without crashing? How high Will it have to be?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl