Can the compass be interfered when off ?

Reaction score
Hi , I have a bunch of gold jewelry in the same foam case as my P4P, can this interfere the actual drone ? It's almost touching the drone. So will this make any possible issues ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Gold isn't magnetic so prob not. Of course, that's assuming pure gold which probably isn't the case here. If the gold contains a magnetic component (alloy), then I don't know which means I shouldn't have answered because I obviously don't know what I'm talking about and you shouldn't have wasted your time reading this.

On the other hand, carrying my Phantom around in a large, metal truck (Phantom off) doesn't have an effect so my conclusion is that you're probably safe. I don't think gold is usually allowed with anything magnetic anyway. Any metallurgists care to chime in?

Gold isn't magnetic so prob not. Of course, that's assuming pure gold which probably isn't the case here. If the gold contains a magnetic component (alloy), then I don't know which means I shouldn't have answered because I obviously don't know what I'm talking about and you shouldn't have wasted your time reading this.

On the other hand, carrying my Phantom around in a large, metal truck (Phantom off) doesn't have an effect so my conclusion is that you're probably safe. I don't think gold is usually allowed with anything magnetic anyway. Any metallurgists care to chime in?

Its gold jewelry , as we are leaving to Switzerland tomorrow , so I had to use my drone case to carry some jewelry;)
Hopefully I'll be fine ...

Its gold jewelry , as we are leaving to Switzerland tomorrow , so I had to use my drone case to carry some jewelry;)
Hopefully I'll be fine ...

In all seriousness (seriousity), you should be ok. I just realized I keep a set of allen wrenches and a pair of needle-nose pliers in my case (I forgot about that-long day).

You could always leave the gold jewelry with me for safe-keeping. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik