Can someone take a look at my Air Data?

Reaction score
I had uploaded my flight log last week and the consensus was I believe "not pilot error". Now my drone is at DJI and has yet to be assessed. and I have to wonder if indeed it will be replaced ( non pilot eroor)

With these new details can someone confirm what the heck happened here. Their a couple of assumptions but the bulk of the errors came after the drone hit the ground, Btw, the tallest tree in this area is no way near 110 feet.

Thanks all

John

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I had uploaded my flight log last week and the consensus was I believe "not pilot error". Now my drone is at DJI and has yet to be assessed. and I have to wonder if indeed it will be replaced ( non pilot eroor)

With these new details can someone confirm what the heck happened here. Their a couple of assumptions but the bulk of the errors came after the drone hit the ground, Btw, the tallest tree in this area is no way near 110 feet.

Thanks all

John

That's only current and voltage data - is that all you intended to publish?

Reactions: jsposito
In your original thread, @Yarome was the only person to conclude that your crash will be covered under warranty. He did not explain why though.

From looking at your flight log, I can see the downward sensors were detecting the ground (tops of the trees) shortly before your crash. Your Phantom most likely hit a branch on one of those trees. DJI will of course have the final say, but it looks like pilot error to me.

Log.jpg

Reactions: jsposito
In your original thread, @Yarome was the only person to conclude that your crash will be covered under warranty. He did not explain why though.

From looking at your flight log, I can see the downward sensors were detecting the ground (tops of the trees) shortly before your crash. Your Phantom most likely hit a branch on one of those trees. DJI will of course have the final say, but it looks like pilot error to me.

View attachment 81813

I agree - the aircraft appears to have flown into a tree at around 2' 50", travelling at around 45 mph in level flight, with sport mode engaged so no obstacle avoidance. That doesn't sound like equipment failure, unless there are other factors not reflected in the logs.

At 2' 49.9" the IMU pitch roll and yaw measurements indicate impact.

oh boy ugh, not good. I have flown that route before which is why I thought it had to be a cell pretty major cell fail or deviation. Just don't get it, trees here aren't that all. But I must be wrong but do appreciate the observations from both of you and thanks to @Yarome for his input as well.

I let you know what DJI says.

HS

oh boy ugh, not good. I have flown that route before which is why I thought it had to be a cell pretty major cell fail or deviation. Just don't get it, trees here aren't that all. But I must be wrong but do appreciate the observations from both of you and thanks to @Yarome for his input as well.

I let you know what DJI says.

HS

Here's the profile for IMU data and speed. First contact at 167.8 s, which appears just to have flipped it slightly, and then a bigger impact at 170.3 that took it down.

Graph0.jpg

Here's the profile for IMU data and speed. First contact at 167.8 s, which appears just to have flipped it slightly, and then a bigger impact at 170.3 that took it down.

View attachment 81814

Looks like a heart monitor but I do get some of it. A crash just over 2.5 minutes. Crazy. I thought I had insurance on it too, only to find out that my insurance guy never provided his company last month with the required info That was painful. Thx

Looks like a heart monitor but I do get some of it. A crash just over 2.5 minutes. Crazy. I thought I had insurance on it too, only to find out that my insurance guy never provided his company last month with the required info That was painful. Thx

Red, green and blue are pitch yaw and roll (left axis), which are steady until the first contact. They recover stability (at new values) and the speed (black, right axis) doesn't change much until the impact a couple of seconds later, at which point everything goes south.

Red, green and blue are pitch yaw and roll (left axis), which are steady until the first contact. They recover stability (at new values) and the speed (black, right axis) doesn't change much until the impact a couple of seconds later, at which point everything goes south.

Thanks, can you tell me why the speed increased (spiked) after first contact? or am I reading it wrong.

Thanks all

John

No wonder you crashed. AIrData says you were doing 123.75 MPH. You burned the wings off......... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj