can phantom firmware be rolled back successfuly?

Reaction score
I want to roll back my firmware to try and get back full FPV quality that others claim to have with much earlier versions of the android app & assistant software. Can this be done without causing problems? Any experience of doing this would be appreciated. I am currently running the very latest app and assistant software.

I did roll back Ios ipod software to 1.0.32 without any problems, did roll back camera to 1.1.18, no problem but noticed it was creating more heat at fan output then other more recent versions, did'nt test rolling back from 3.0.6 yet, just installed it to test ground station features couple days ago.

pencilcoil said:
I want to roll back my firmware to try and get back full FPV quality that others claim to have with much earlier versions of the android app & assistant software. Can this be done without causing problems? Any experience of doing this would be appreciated. I am currently running the very latest app and assistant software.

Yes, just download the version you want to downgrade to, and get the phone app that worked best with it. DJI states that reverting to earlier revisions may not be done cleanly, they make no assurances.
However, no one has complained or stated that there has been any issues in doing so.
I went back to 1.08 from 3.0, without issues.

Gunslinger keeps older revisions of firmware on his site: http://www.droneslinger.com/software.htm

But 1.08 is the only firmware version you can downgrade to. No chance e.g. to downgrade to version 2.0 which was quite good.

Regards, Gerd

GerdS said:
But 1.08 is the only firmware version you can downgrade to. No chance e.g. to downgrade to version 2.0 which was quite good.

Regards, Gerd
Curious why that would be?

Only DJI can answer that, maybe they have deleted the 2.0 firmware from their server and so the PCsoftware won't find it anymore.

Regards, Gerd

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj