Can Not Connect to assistant?

Reaction score
Hi, I have had my DJI Awhile and I have never been able to connect to the assistant software. I wanted to turn on the alternate steering option and update the software.

I have searched the web and tried just about everything. last thing I tried was download and copy usbser.sys to C/Windows/System32/drivers and then installed the driver again.

driver installed to-----C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver1.0

Then there is the green check mark and ready to use before I click on finish.

I tried one last time. No luck. I also tried on two other computers. Lastly I opened up the Phantom and tried a different USB cord that I know is good.

As far as I can tell the driver is installed. The assistant software is installed. I run the assistant program. I power the controller up and keep it on the counter at least 4 feet away. I power up the phantom then I plug in the usb. I do this on a number of usb ports and different computers with different OS's i.e windows 8 and windows 7. All the time it is fail, nothing happens. No lights blinking in the lower left of the assistant screen no message saying usb not recognized. Just nothing. What do I do from here?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvCsqLL_oz0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrZcO4f_ZXM5VShJQ3JlItg[/youtube]

No. I do not get a solid green. Is it suposed to go to solid green if it is connected via usb?

Solid GREEN indicates the proper connection to the Assistant. I suspected that you did NOT connect the battery pack to your Phantom!

If you did NOT get the solid GREEN on the Phantom, then something is wrong with the NAZA.

But if you get the GREEN, then go to Device Manager and see if any of the USB is actually connects to the Phantom?
If not, you may have to reinstall the driver.

If the USB connection is fine but still no solid GREEN, then you have to send the Phantom back. This happened to me after a good working Phantom for the whole 2 months.

Same thing with me a few weeks ago. Got the Phantom, downloaded software, connected the Phantom and did the upgrade. Made a 5 minute flight in the backyard, went to reconnect to turn the IOC on and no connection! Uninstalled and reinstalled software, tried another laptop and my desktop and nothing. It appeared the USB had died. Vendor took it back and exchanged it with no problems.

tanasit said:
If you did NOT get the solid GREEN on the Phantom, then something is wrong with the NAZA.

But if you get the GREEN, then go to Device Manager and see if any of the USB is actually connects to the Phantom?
If not, you may have to reinstall the driver.

If the USB connection is fine but still no solid GREEN, then you have to send the Phantom back. This happened to me after a good working Phantom for the whole 2 months.

Hi I am having a nightmare!
I have installed the drivers - all fine.
I have installed the Naza assistant (not upgrade yet)

However every time I connect the Phantom to the PC is is not communicating to the assistant! The start up is fine, battery connected etc. Plug into PC with internet wetc, the LED goes to a faint constant (sometime flickering) green - not the usual GPS satellite indicator - weaker light than that but always green.

The USP port recognises that it is the DJI controller with the correct driver etc.

I am completely stumped... Any help or suggestions would be most welcome! I have only tried to fly the thing once and something is very wrong as the thing goes into a wobble on take off and completely unstable... very frustrated!

I'm having the same problems: the faint green light confirms that the USB is connected, and the drivers and software seemingly work fine. I'm running Mountain Lion (with xQuartz & Wine to handle the .exe) which might be a problem though I can't find any info stating otherwise.

Has anybody seen a troubleshooting guide online that might help out?

I'm having the same problems: the faint green light confirms that the USB is connected, and the drivers and software seemingly work fine. I'm running Mountain Lion (with xQuartz & Wine to handle the .exe) which might be a problem though I can't find any info stating otherwise.

Has anybody seen a troubleshooting guide online that might help out?

You cannot use a MAC O.S, You will have to put an actual copy of Windows on your computer.

[youtube][/youtube]It is to bad I don't really know what to do. The Phantom flys fine, other than a slight drift even in GPS mode.

I would like to get into the software and update and fix this drift issue. Is my only option to replace the Naza?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvCsqLL_oz0[/youtube]

I don't think there is anything wrong with NAZA. There are so many factors that you have to sort out starting from the software calibrations which include IMU, TX and Compass (at the field preferred). Balancing both the motors and the props. And finally check your CG, then adjust the GPS mounting (X,Y & Z).

Replacing the NAZA will not fix this.

I have just installed the upgraded motherboard in my Phantom and the Zenmuse gimbal, but I'm now having a similar problem.

Windows says the driver installed correctly and I've installed NAZAM Assistant 2.20.

I power on the phantom and get a solid RED light. When I connect the USB, the RED light goes to faint GREEN for a few seconds then the LED goes out completely. Window says "USB Device Not Recognized".

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to diagnose and fix this problem?

scocheezy said:
I have just installed the upgraded motherboard in my Phantom and the Zenmuse gimbal, but I'm now having a similar problem.

Windows says the driver installed correctly and I've installed NAZAM Assistant 2.20.

I power on the phantom and get a solid RED light. When I connect the USB, the RED light goes to faint GREEN for a few seconds then the LED goes out completely. Window says "USB Device Not Recognized".

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to diagnose and fix this problem?

I've dealt with that, the fix seems to be to get a better connection to the USB port inside the Phantom (on the LED module). I had to replace the stock internal (grey) cable, and even the replacement I use sometimes has to be wiggled a little at that port to get a solid green light instead of the faint one. The faint green seems to indicate that something has been plugged in to the port but doesn't have a good connection with the PC.

Basic steps for solving an aggravating DJI driver problem on PC

I was having driver issues for a while and ignored the obvious solution.

Here are the steps I used on two different PCs to correct the driver issue I was having. Hopefully it will help some of you, even though it is quite basic.

This is the current link to the DJI downloads page for the Phantom 2 (non-vision): http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

Step 1.
Remove all DJI software listed in Windows Control Panel and restart PC
mihvkp.jpg

Step 2
Download the DJI WIN Driver Installer

1kRQAyd3zJGcEZesEPVeTUHvZkTnZ1.jpg

While installing driver, make SURE that you read the message and plug your Phantom into a USB port and turn it on before pressing Yes.

1Q1jcBoboLnvb0wSEvkUSahk1EF71G.jpg

Step 3
Download and Install Phantom RC Assistant Software (this is the software for your radio controller)

1mbAsWhs5tjhdvUstl2rk94HGWqlF.jpg

Step 4
Download and Install Phantom 2 Assistant Software

1hwbvXwIqNLkIEzf22jPCVJS6D07bB0.jpg

Other tips
-Ensure the USB cable is firmly inserted into Phantom 2
-Try switching USB ports after installing drivers
-Repeat driver installation with Phantom 2 plugged into a different USB port (sometimes this can matter).
-Avoid the use of USB hubs and plug directly into the PC; USB port on back of PC (not front) is preferable
-Switch USB cables

Reactions: toyman
Basic steps for solving an aggravating DJI driver problem on PC

I was having driver issues for a while and ignored the obvious solution.

Here are the steps I used on two different PCs to correct the driver issue I was having. Hopefully it will help some of you, even though it is quite basic.

This is the current link to the DJI downloads page for the Phantom 2 (non-vision): http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

Step 1.
Remove all DJI software listed in Windows Control Panel and restart PC
mihvkp.jpg

Step 2
Download the DJI WIN Driver Installer

1kRQAyd3zJGcEZesEPVeTUHvZkTnZ1.jpg

While installing driver, make SURE that you read the message and plug your Phantom into a USB port and turn it on before pressing Yes.

1Q1jcBoboLnvb0wSEvkUSahk1EF71G.jpg

Step 3
Download and Install Phantom RC Assistant Software (this is the software for your radio controller)

1mbAsWhs5tjhdvUstl2rk94HGWqlF.jpg

Step 4
Download and Install Phantom 2 Assistant Software

1hwbvXwIqNLkIEzf22jPCVJS6D07bB0.jpg

Other tips
-Ensure the USB cable is firmly inserted into Phantom 2
-Try switching USB ports after installing drivers
-Repeat driver installation with Phantom 2 plugged into a different USB port (sometimes this can matter).
-Avoid the use of USB hubs and plug directly into the PC; USB port on back of PC (not front) is preferable
-Switch USB cables

pt2 is workin fine but naza m v 2 after installation and launchin doesnt see the phantom. while phantom assistent works fine WHAT Shell i do????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues