Can not connect the phone with the remote control

Reaction score
I bought my Phantom 3 professional to work.

I read all the books and watched all the tutorials for beginner DJI site.
I downloaded the application DJI Pillot app and installed it on my phone cellular Galaxy S4 (android 4.4). The USB port is configured for debug.
I connected my phone on the remote control via USB cable, turned on the drone and the remote control and then open the application, as the tutorial.
I realized that the remote control connects with the drone (green LED in the control and drone), and can take pictures and filming (seen in micro sd memory), but the phone does not connect with the remote control, not getting the camera image nor telemetry, remaining the "disconnected" in the application.
I've tried to do the firmware up date, but the message said that the firmware was already up to date.
Someone who uses android 4.4 is also going through it?

How can I solve this problem? Its reset the remote control drone to the synchronism?

I bought my Phantom 3 professional to work.

I read all the books and watched all the tutorials for beginner DJI site.
I downloaded the application DJI Pillot app and installed it on my phone cellular Galaxy S4 (android 4.4). The USB port is configured for debug.
I connected my phone on the remote control via USB cable, turned on the drone and the remote control and then open the application, as the tutorial.
I realized that the remote control connects with the drone (green LED in the control and drone), and can take pictures and filming (seen in micro sd memory), but the phone does not connect with the remote control, not getting the camera image nor telemetry, remaining the "disconnected" in the application.
I've tried to do the firmware up date, but the message said that the firmware was already up to date.
Someone who uses android 4.4 is also going through it?

How can I solve this problem? Its reset the remote control drone to the synchronism?
The Phone is connecting to the Remote -- so if you can take pictures and video and the files show on the sd card, then the camera is working. Sounds like you may be underexposed on the camera setting so you cant see it on the monitor. Set the AE icon (automatic exposure on the right top of the screen and see if you get a picture. You can also control the screen display and hide the telemetry by swiping down at the bottom of the screen or swiping up.

I would suggest the you take the props off, turn on the controller, app and phantom and spend some time exploring the app and find out how to access everything as well as operate the camera controls.

The cable you are using could be charge only cable. You need to get a data and charge micro usb cable.

The Phone is connecting to the Remote -- so if you can take pictures and video and the files show on the sd card, then the camera is working. Sounds like you may be underexposed on the camera setting so you cant see it on the monitor. Set the AE icon (automatic exposure on the right top of the screen and see if you get a picture. You can also control the screen display and hide the telemetry by swiping down at the bottom of the screen or swiping up.

I would suggest the you take the props off, turn on the controller, app and phantom and spend some time exploring the app and find out how to access everything as well as operate the camera controls.

Hi bobmyers, the remote control is sync just with the drone, not with the cellphone. I just take fotos by remote control. In the cell, is displaying "disconnect" all the time. The cellphone is not recognise the remote control or other, the remote control is not recognise the cellphone. I try change the cable usb/micro usb, but not work. I think is some configuration by cellphone or problem with micro usb of remote control. I try use na IPAD too, but don't work.

I would try turning on remote, then phantom, then open app, then click on camera, then conect wire from remote to phone. I know my tablet does not like connecting unless i do it in this order.

hey i had that phone when i flew today. (brought 3 phones) the S4 is compatiable but barely. it is actually underpowered to handle the video feed and it crashed the app many times.
my main phone htc one was slightly better but still very slow.
also had a note 4 on hand and that was a lot smoother.
i did a lot of research when i got home and did a lot of phone bench tests. so i went and bought a tablet.
i got a hp slate 7 extreame from amazon for $80
i will update how it performs but its processor is comparable to apple ipad mini 3

hey i had that phone when i flew today. (brought 3 phones) the S4 is compatiable but barely. it is actually underpowered to handle the video feed and it crashed the app many times.
my main phone htc one was slightly better but still very slow.
also had a note 4 on hand and that was a lot smoother.
i did a lot of research when i got home and did a lot of phone bench tests. so i went and bought a tablet.
i got a hp slate 7 extreame from amazon for $80
i will update how it performs but its processor is comparable to apple ipad mini 3

Hi the jobe!
Thanks for your message!
Tomorrow I will try use an Iphone 5. If don't work will return the phantom 3 to seller. I quit!!
I try all the suggestion, and nothing work!! My last will be tomorrow!

Thanks again!

I would try turning on remote, then phantom, then open app, then click on camera, then conect wire from remote to phone. I know my tablet does not like connecting unless i do it in this order.

Thanks Carm!
I try this, but don't work

Hi the jobe!
Thanks for your message!
Tomorrow I will try use an Iphone 5. If don't work will return the phantom 3 to seller. I quit!!
I try all the suggestion, and nothing work!! My last will be tomorrow!

Thanks again!
check the benchmarks. if the test is below 8000 your phones performance will be very bad for video streaming.
above 10,000 and you are good to go.
http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/mobileice_storm_extreme/filter/ios

this is a cheap alternative i found that im going to try myself. $80 you cant go wrong!
this got a score of 16,000
http://www.amazon.com/HP-S7-4400US-...1437542358&sr=8-1&keywords=hp+slate+7+extreme

Tesc hudl 2. Works ok, just a bit of a sticky video feed but does not crash. They are £99 in tescos. Nice big screen.

I had difficulties last night too and I *think* I ended up learning that I wasn't turning the items on it the right order. Try disconnecting the phone from the remote, and leave the remote off. Plug them together. Turn on phone. Turn on remote. ...in that order, my iPhone finally asked me to trust the remote controller.

I had difficulties last night too and I *think* I ended up learning that I wasn't turning the items on it the right order. Try disconnecting the phone from the remote, and leave the remote off. Plug them together. Turn on phone. Turn on remote. ...in that order, my iPhone finally asked me to trust the remote controller.
Thankyou Sharper, butano it dont work!
O tried Witherspoon a ipad air, butano dont work to
Thanks to every body!

Tomorrow i will send to the seller

Did you register the drone through the app? Did you set up an account. Will not work until the warranty takes hold by registering.

Did you register the drone through the app? Did you set up an account. Will not work until the warranty takes hold by registering.

How the remote control wasn't communicating with the device, the app doesn't ask for regisration. That was the problem! Now I returned the drone and am waiting another.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie