Can I use phantom controller with other devices?

Reaction score
I have a phantom and will buy a used 550. The 550 has a naza v2 on it and I was wondering if I could use my phantom controller on it. Ofcourse I know I have to take apart my phantom, but I cant afford an alternative right now, else I would have bought some futaba stuff.
But I think there is a receiver module inside the phantom, and it works over s bus right? I am not much into this, but isn't it only 1 cable and one little receiver board I have to take out of my phantom?

Thanks in advance

Best regards Simon

If you have a 1.1.1, you can buy a $12 phantom receiver and bind your existing tx. If you have an older phantom it's a $9 part. That's what I'm doing with my 450.

The receiver subboard goes to x2 on the phantom, and also x1 if it's a dual antenna rx.

You don't need to take apart your phantom, but if you really want to scavenge the rx from it, you just need to take off the top shell and take off two screws holding the rx.

Ok so you say I should buy a receiver that fits my phantom 1 controller? Can you maybe link me such a receiver.
I will probably still be using the receiver from my current phantom, simply because I need to use it on Monday.

Thanks

Ok thank you. But I cant use dual antenna if I want to? :=)

Also it cost like 60$ from usa to Denmark xD why we have such boring country that never got the real stuff.

ElGuano said:
The receiver subboard goes to x2 on the phantom, and also x1 if it's a dual antenna rx.

ElGuano, could you expand on what you are saying here please. You've got me confused :roll:

simonthk said:
Ok thank you. But I cant use dual antenna if I want to? :=)

Also it cost like 60$ from usa to Denmark xD why we have such boring country that never got the real stuff.

If your phantom has a single antenna, you have an older style tx/rx on ppm. If your phantom has 2 antennae, you have a different rx and tx on d-bus. Since your tx is tied to the type of rx on the phantom, if you buy a new rx to use with the existing tx, that new rx has to be the same as is currently on your phantom.

Of course, you can always pull the rx out of the phantom and use that.

discv said:
ElGuano said:

ElGuano, could you expand on what you are saying here please. You've got me confused :roll:

The rx connects to the Naza. For the ppm rx, it's a single servo connection to the x2 port of the phantom. For the dbus rx, it has two connections for its diversity antennae, one of those goes to x2 and the other goes to x1, both being ports on the Naza.

Cant use phantom v1 receiver with naza v2?

I try this and it doesn't work. Can this be true and why? It doesn't even want to light up.

ElGuano said:
If your Phantom has a single antenna, you want the PPM rx: http://www.heli-world.com/catalog/product/view/id/6091

If your Phantom has dual antennae, you want the DBUS rx: http://www.helidirect.com/dji-phantom-p ... -34725.hdx

You can pull the existing one out of your Phantom in a pinch. In the long run, $10 is a pretty cheap part, and it's convenient to have a single tx bound to multiple receivers (unless you want to fly your craft at the same time).

So I try and use my PPM module to naza v2 and it says in the manual for the naza v2 that it works with PPM signal receivers. But my light just keeps blinking orange. My receiver does turn of the light, which seems to be an indicator for when it has signal from the transmitter.
But why does it blink orange? or yellow that might be....

simonthk said:
ElGuano said:
If your Phantom has a single antenna, you want the PPM rx: http://www.heli-world.com/catalog/product/view/id/6091

If your Phantom has dual antennae, you want the DBUS rx: http://www.helidirect.com/dji-phantom-p ... -34725.hdx

You can pull the existing one out of your Phantom in a pinch. In the long run, $10 is a pretty cheap part, and it's convenient to have a single tx bound to multiple receivers (unless you want to fly your craft at the same time).

So I try and use my PPM module to naza v2 and it says in the manual for the naza v2 that it works with PPM signal receivers. But my light just keeps blinking orange. My receiver does turn of the light, which seems to be an indicator for when it has signal from the transmitter.
But why does it blink orange? or yellow that might be....

wait I might have to set this up in the naza software aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Cant use phantom v1 receiver with naza v2?

What ports on the NAZA did you connect the receiver to? And what do you have connected to the other ports?

Re: Cant use phantom v1 receiver with naza v2?

Short answer is yes. I bought a spare Phantom 1 RX and use my Phantom TX with both my 450 and my Phantom. If the RX is not lighting up, it's probably a connection fault (miswiring). If you can't bind it to your tx, you want to make sure you got the correct PPM or DBUS rx module that came with your Phantom.

A couple of pictures of your setup and the antenna from your Phantom would help.

EDIT: Moved to P1 Forum and merged with OP's duplicate thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1