Can I use Ground-Station without the camera&Gimbal attached?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm having some issues with my phantom that i'm not sure about..
I've crashed it a week ago, right on the gimbal & camera and destroyed them completely.
since that moment I get "connection to phantom failed" on the app which is normal because the camera is toasted BUT I also don't get any
indication on the satellites / Phantom Battery / Phantom's Mode / GPS data...

I disconnected the whole unit from the Phantom and still the same.
The phantom itself flyes perfect, both on Phantom and Naza modes, Ioc works perfect.
I get more than 6 satellites according to the phantom's performance and LED lights.

I bought a new gimbal & camera hoping it will solve all the problems and i'm still waiting for it to arrive.
In the mean time I want to practice on the waypoint feature without recording or risking the camera and gimbal and I can't?!?!
can anyone please tell me if this is normal? will the new unit solve all that or I might have more damage than I think?
I attached all the screenshots of my app and software to show you all the info that I have

Thanks
Mikkel
[url]https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-_MbLSlHd4eNEV3cXhBX005U2M&usp=sharing[/url]

Attachments

• scrnsht1.jpg
    scrnsht1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 388
  • scrnsht2.jpg
    scrnsht2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 420
  • scrnsht3.jpg
    scrnsht3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 395
  • scrnsht4.jpg
    scrnsht4.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 405
  • תמונה 1.PNG
    תמונה 1.PNG
    100.9 KB · Views: 429
Re: Can I use Ground-Station without the camera&Gimbal attac

Thanks, and can you tell by the photo's if i'm getting all the right data that I should be getting without the gimbal & camera? or there are some other damaged components that I should check/replace?

I'm in the same boat as you. I disconnected my gimbal/camera and removed it from the Phantom entirely. Apparently, the gimbal assembly controls all information flowing to the app on your phone/device. Without the gimbal attached, no information will show. Mine is the same as yours.

The worry for me is that my crash damaged the main circuit board, or something else. I disassembled my Phantom and checked all the internal connections. I test flew the Phantom (using the LED's to indicate good satellite lock) and she performed flawlessly. There have been a user or two that reported telemetry issues following a crash and viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24176

My gimbal is due to arrive Wednesday and I should have it up and running that night. I will keep you posted. Fingers crossed that I didn't break anything else, but regardless, all internal P2V+ wires and components are for sale and available. @#%* $679 repair is enough.

PS. Don't drink and fly.

Thanks! good to know that i'm not alone :) I can't wait to hear what are the results with yours 'cause you'll get it probably before me.
If somehow Ill get it sooner ill keep you posted as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4