Can I use "Follow Me" with this tablet if I'm away from WiFi?

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 standard is en route to my house - purchased it today. Can't wait.

I'm now watching some tutorials so I can learn to fly.

The tablet I have that I plan to use with the P3S is this one:
DigiLand - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Black

It purports to be "GPS Enabled," though it obviously has no cell phone signal support.

My question is this: When I'm away from my house (and any other wi-fi hotspots, etc...), will this tablet enable me to use the "Follow Me" function on the Standard?

Thanks!

It purports to be "GPS Enabled," though it obviously has no cell phone signal support.
All you need is GPS. Cellular service is not a requirement.

Yes it should work if it has GPS and WiFi. WiFi and Cellular Service are two different animals which are not related. The P3S has it's own WiFi Network built-in and the tablet (with WiFi enabled) will attach to the P3S's built in WiFi network. Software/Firmware upgrades however will need to be downloaded on your home WiFi or other WiFi network. Once downloaded you'll reattach to the P3S's WiFi and upload them to the Camera, Gimbal and Drone. Took me about 20 minutes. Be advised you will be attaching to your local WiFi and then toggling back to the P3s's WiFi to get the job done...

let me no if that tablet works since it isn't on list wanting to get a tablet so don't have to use my phone

I have seen other posts about the digiland tablet. It works, I don't have one, but buy the posts, it works.

Yes it should work if it has GPS and WiFi. WiFi and Cellular Service are two different animals which are not related. The P3S has it's own WiFi Network built-in and the tablet (with WiFi enabled) will attach to the P3S's built in WiFi network. Software/Firmware upgrades however will need to be downloaded on your home WiFi or other WiFi network. Once downloaded you'll reattach to the P3S's WiFi and upload them to the Camera, Gimbal and Drone. Took me about 20 minutes. Be advised you will be attaching to your local WiFi and then toggling back to the P3s's WiFi to get the job done...

Cool -- this explains it very well -- I appreciate you taking the time.

By this weekend, I should be able to report back on the success with this tablet. I purchased it on the recommendations I found on this board so I've got my fingers crossed. Couldn't beat a $49 GPS-enabled tablet.

be waiting to here

Gps from the tablet?
Cause on my p3s if i dont have gps enabled follow me wont work.
Gps doesnt come from cellular data?

I tried the Digiland Tablet and it works but I was getting to much video lag and choppiness. It wasn't lack of signal either. I was in my living room just moving the P3S around. Others seem to have success. I took mine back to Best Buy.

To update: This tablet has worked fine for me for months, even if a bit laggy and slow, but one thing it does not seem to work with is Follow Me Mode, even though this tablet claims to be equipped with GPS. If anyone has any tips as to what I'm doing wrong, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4