Can I share signal with two Ipads at the same time?

Reaction score
Lads,

Any of yees know how tae share the signal tae anaether ipad?

Whit ah mean is, the wife hangs aever ma shoder tae see whits happening wae the flicht, an her breath stinks;).
Ah dinna like it :(. Now she has her aen ipad and ah wis woderin if there wis some way tae share whit am seein wi her at the same time.

Whit aboot it? Can it be done?

Raggi

You need wifi to do it, but your iPad is connected to the Phantom's wifi then it is not available to connect to another unit. Air pad and Splashtop 360 let you connect to each other but not to two different wireless networks at same time. We will eventually get there but not sure we can make that connection today while flying.

Hi Raggi

RoyVa is spot on with what he is saying, but all is not lost, I have the Phantom 3 Hdmi module fitted to my RC, which then gives me a USB connection for the Ipad, and a HDMI video out socket.
In the software you can configure the output to both the Ipad and the HDMI port, so for example I can use my Headplay FPV display and the IPad at the same time, but you can for example buy something like a Black Pearl 7" FPV monitor and plug your HDMI feed into that and she will be able to see your video feed along with some of the Telemetry.
There are some even cheaper 7" displays (£ 50.00 or so ), (here google is your friend), I think Sharp do one so that the Kids can watch video in the back of the car.

Sae guid cheerio th' noo fur noo
Waylander

Reactions: BigAl07
You need wifi to do it, but your iPad is connected to the Phantom's wifi then it is not available to connect to another unit. Air pad and Splashtop 360 let you connect to each other but not to two different wireless networks at same time. We will eventually get there but not sure we can make that connection today while flying.

Cheers RoyVa ah wis hopin this micht be the wa foward, Ach weal.:(

Hi Raggi

RoyVa is spot on with what he is saying, but all is not lost, I have the Phantom 3 Hdmi module fitted to my RC, which then gives me a USB connection for the Ipad, and a HDMI video out socket.
In the software you can configure the output to both the Ipad and the HDMI port, so for example I can use my Headplay FPV display and the IPad at the same time, but you can for example buy something like a Black Pearl 7" FPV monitor and plug your HDMI feed into that and she will be able to see your video feed along with some of the Telemetry.
There are some even cheaper 7" displays (£ 50.00 or so ), (here google is your friend), I think Sharp do one so that the Kids can watch video in the back of the car.

Sae guid cheerio th' noo fur noo
Waylander

Cheers tae Waylander as weal.

Its a boorach right enough. Am surely gonna hae tae go doon this road, its this or a gid lot oah pennies to be spent oan the pepermints fer the wife.:cry:

Raggi

Waylander do you happen to have the details (or a link) to the setup process for the dual output settings? I have the HDMI adapter installed but have yet to try it out with a 2nd display (picking up the cable for it later today).

Thanks in advance.
Allen

Waylander do you happen to have the details (or a link) to the setup process for the dual output settings? I have the HDMI adapter installed but have yet to try it out with a 2nd display (picking up the cable for it later today).

Thanks in advance.
Allen
Hi BigA107

I'm not near the Rc at the moment, when I get home I will have a look and post you :)
Waylander

Reactions: BigAl07
[QUThenOTE="BigAl07, post: 635915, member: 20335"]Waylander do you happen to have the details (or a link) to the setup process for the dual output settings? I have the HDMI adapter installed but have yet to try it out with a 2nd display (picking up the cable for it later today).

Thanks in advance.
Allen[/QUOTE]

Ok my friend home now, this is what I did, connect the Ipad to the RC and start the Go app, Click on the 3 bars in the top R/H corner
Select the HD tab and you should see the view in the photo, click on the switch to enable "simultaneous output", and also "display OSD"
Then you should be good to Rock
Bye Waylander
IMG_0002[1].jpg

Thank you Waylander. That's exactly what I needed.

Have a GREAT weekend and again thank you.
Allen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31