Can I mark a POI without flying over it?

Reaction score
I would like to take a video of my town's Stephens Performing Arts Center (see photo I just posted in the Photos & Videos forum), going around it in a perfect circle. However, I'm a bit shy about flying directly over its dome, which has a lot of glass on its surface. Can I mark a POI without flying over it? For example, could I mark a point nearby, then move it on the iPad's touchscreen? Thanks!

Not with the DJI Go app but there are other apps which will let you do it.

Thank you! Which application should I try, then? Also, I am an EE/CS professor, and it should be fun to write my own application program for flying my Phantom 3. However, I have never programmed an iPad application, nor have I interfaced with a Phantom 3. Know of a good tutorial?

You tube is full of the Phantom videos. Good source of info. Do a search on Phantom 3 POI and you will get a listing. Enjoy!

Reactions: Mo of Pocatello
I found the Android one. Maybe it'll work with my phone, which is a Galaxy S4. However, when I tried DJI GO with that phone it was terrible. Oh well, I'll try out the software one way or another when I get some time to fly. Thanks again.

I'm on a Mac right now, and don't have the iPad with me. So I looked in iTunes for Litchi, and it seems that the only thing it does is Follow-Me.

I would like to take a video of my town's Stephens Performing Arts Center (see photo I just posted in the Photos & Videos forum), going around it in a perfect circle. However, I'm a bit shy about flying directly over its dome, which has a lot of glass on its surface. Can I mark a POI without flying over it? For example, could I mark a point nearby, then move it on the iPad's touchscreen? Thanks!
You could sort of cheat it by changing (increasing and decreasing) the radios while also controlling the camera (up/down). The shot would work but it wouldn't be perfect but it would definitely seem like the church was the POI. PM me if you would like to discuss. Easier to explain.

You can also offert (drop it then set th poi) a poi in LYChi I believe but that's a different app and i don't recomend prior still in warranty to use other apps.

RI think you will find that the Litchi app will do the job. The quad will fly up to the POI using the orbit and when it reaches the outer radius it will start circleing with out having to fly over or near the POI

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions! I tried Litchi out, not on that building, but on an open field. That was before they supposedly came out with a version for iOS. Litchi, on an Android phone at least, doesn't feel as "safe" to use as DJI Go. Maybe I should buy the iOS version and try it on my iPad, and if I feel safe about it, then use it on a real building!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20