Can I install 5.8Ghz Clover Leaf Antenna in P2V+

Reaction score
I have a P2V+, I would like to know if can I install a 5.8Ghz Clover Leaf Antenna to get a better signal, better and longer FPV, how can I do it. Thanks

dmesen said:
I have a P2V+, I would like to know if can I install a 5.8Ghz Clover Leaf Antenna to get a better signal, better and longer FPV, how can I do it. Thanks
No. The P2V+ uses 5.8Ghz for the control, and 2.4Ghz (wifi) for the FPV video.

Have you got the Wifi extender fully charged and on? That will help the most.

For boosting First Person View you can modify the wifi extender with one or two external antennas.
The Vision 2 + uses 5.8GHz for control signal, white antenna that needs to point to the sky, and uses the wifi extender on 2.4GHz to receive the FPV video and flight stat overlay info.
There are a lot of youtube videos showing how to mod this and there are sites that sell parts or kits.
If you need directions pls let me know and I can provide the links.
From what I have read so far there are a few options.
1. Open the extender, connect to the main antenna connector (left one) a cable which allows you to use an external antenna, often a Left Polarized (since that is what the phantom vision 2+ default antenna uses) skew antenna (4-bladed for TX).
2. This will create a receiving amplified bubble around you
3. additionally, for far away better reception, you can use a helix antenna for the secondairy antenna port.

Regards,
SexyBeast
Utrecht
The Netherlands

You can use a clover leaf for any frequency. But a clover leaf for 2.4ghz will be about 5x bigger than 5.8ghz. Smaller the number the bigger the antenna. 5.8ghz is the most ideal because of size. The bigger your antenna the easier it is to warp in the wind.

Check the video these people posted about gaining downrange distance:
The distinct Control Subsystems:

• 1) 5.8ghz Control Channel (pilot controls the drone thru space.)
    2) 2.4ghz WiFi Link (video plus camera tilt, altitude, distance, and speed indicators.)

All depends on your flying environment which radio link is lost first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20