Can I increase my distance

Reaction score
New here, have been searching past posts but can't find the answer I am looking for. I have a P3A and use my IPad when flying using the DJI Go app. Question is can I increase distance with just what I am using or do I need to use another app or get something to modify what I have for longer range. On flat open terrain I have only gotten a little over 600 meters out.
Thanks
Rich

New here, have been searching past posts but can't find the answer I am looking for. I have a P3A and use my IPad when flying using the DJI Go app. Question is can I increase distance with just what I am using or do I need to use another app or get something to modify what I have for longer range. On flat open terrain I have only gotten a little over 600 meters out.
Thanks
Rich
A stock P3A can fly several times further than 600m away from you. You were probably flying in a wifi-noisy area, or there may be trees or other buildings obstructing your signal.

Once you exclude those possibilities, you can try windsurfer (cheap metallic attachment on the antenna) or signal booster unit (more expensive) to increase your signal range. The furthest I have flown so far with a pair of cheap windsurfer with my P3A is just under 4km away from me.

Make certain the antennas are properly oriented. Then make certain that you are flying in an area without a great deal of interference.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks
Rich

I have flown 5.5km out on a stock RC and P3P, and the GO app, and here is my list of optimum conditions for unaided long range flying:-

NOTHING between you and the quad. Clear line of sight. Not even a small tree or bush.
Out in open space, away from any other radio interference.
Slightly raised launch position. A little altitude is your signal's best friend.
Properly oriented antennae: The flat sides of the parallel antennas must face the quad.
Fully charged batteries for the quad, the RC and the device.
Mild temperatures.
Still air. This is not for the signal but to make sure you get back!;)
NOTHING between you and the quad. Clear line of sight. Not even a small tree or bush.

Using the inexpensive windsurfers do definitely contribute to the distance. All of the above apply and in addition ensure that your windsurfers are 'aimed' at where the quad is.They narrow the signal somewhat.

Did I mention NOTHING between you and the quad. Clear line of sight. Not even a small tree or bush.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beavs Bird
I've found flying withe one foot in a bucket of water channels the transmission signal through me.

Thanks to all for your info, I have been flying with the antennas flat but strait out (sounds like the problem) I have been flying in an open area but not real high, 20 to 30 meters. I will try adjusting the antenna as per the video an maybe a little higher to see how much of an increase I get. Let you know
Rich

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20