Can i fly my p3p from my car

P2c

Reaction score
Is it possible to control the p3p while sitting inside my car? Will there be a problem with the vid/trx signals? Thoght about mounting my ipad inside the car and holding the transmitter near the window or even outside the window.then i could turn on the air condition which is great for the ipad and for me and also enjoing a good shade...

Just remember, anything is possible. If you loose control be sure you know where RTH is. Don't need a big dent in the top of the car....

I did it with no problems. My girlfriend drove us to the local gas station and back while I controlled the drone in the passengers seat.

Just keep in mind that the drone can't keep up with the vehicle because of speed differences (unless the car you are in is going 20 mph)!

It can go faster in atti mode when its a little windy. I've managed to go 30mph into 15mph wind. The other way I was going over 50mph. 56mph was my highest speed...

Reactions: Apilot101
49mph is my high speed... and I didn't think there was THAT much of a tail wind but there must have been more 200' up from the ground. Good thread though, I've wondered about using it from my car. Never have, but it's 102* every day here so if I'm not flying far away it could be nice to have the AC for sure.

This thread is talking about flying from inside a parked car, not a moving car, right? I have a white Prius with a black glass roof, and I would like to be able to fly within the environment of my air conditioned, sun-shaded, semi-private, parked Prius. I would imagine that I would step outside my car to take off and land though.

I think it might be a good solution for hot sunny days.im gonna give it a try soon. Ram mounts make great mounts for ipads.i can also attach the ipad to the back of the front seat and fly her from there.might be more comfortable.

Ahhhh humans are getting lazier and lazier ;)

Pshhh.. I know it has nothing to do with laziness and more about keeping cool :)

How about not flying when its 105 outside.

Ill take it as a compliment.in my case im testing this bird as a part of my work and check it limits probabilities etc..

Is it possible to control the p3p while sitting inside my car? Will there be a problem with the vid/trx signals? Thoght about mounting my ipad inside the car and holding the transmitter near the window or even outside the window.then i could turn on the air condition which is great for the ipad and for me and also enjoing a good shade...

Yep it can and has been done but your range will be significantly compromised. Modding your RC to accept external antennas, Then getting a pair of magnetic mount 2.4ghz antennas which you stick to the top of your roof, with the two antenna wires going down into your car screwed into your remote will not only fix that, but give you quite a bit more range. Especially if you decide to add amplification to the mix.

Reactions: PhantomMan78
I get up to 2000 feet distance from my pickup sitting inside with the windows rolled up, the controller on the console in the front seat with the air conditioning going full blast AtmosWatkins 6 inch (2) 033.jpg
flew across this river twice, one from each direction, both exceeding 2000 feet in one way distance. The antenna did not even have full line of sight the entire time. I stayed cool, the IPAD did not heat up, the display on the IPAD was brilliant-- really no downside IMO.

Ahhhh humans are getting lazier and lazier ;)

Pshhh.. I know it has nothing to do with laziness and more about keeping cool :)

How about not flying when its 105 outside.
Ahhh-- I am getting, older, fatter and lazy-- a perfect candidate for this type of "action":D:D:D

Yep it can and has been done but your range will be significantly compromised. Modding your RC to accept external antennas, Then getting a pair of magnetic mount 2.4ghz antennas which you stick to the top of your roof, with the two antenna wires going down into your car screwed into your remote will not only fix that, but give you quite a bit more range. Especially if you decide to add amplification to the mix.
Dude, you peaked my interest.. Nice post.. I will do this. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik