"Can I calibrate without auto update?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been reading nothing but one nightmare story after the other since an update came out about 5 days ago. 3.08

Other than the gimbal nightmare, some people report having to send their batteries back to DJI? *&^% That!!! ... I have four of them.

I just want to check with anyone here - "Can I calibrate without auto detecting?" I was set to do calibrations tomorrow as its been a while. My phantom works perfectly fine and that's the way I would like to keep it. I think I will wait till a new update comes out after this one.

So one again - Will I be right to plug in my RC and MC as usual without fear of some kind of auto update?

Thanks In advance.

Much appreciated. ;)

Davekyn said:
I have been reading nothing but one nightmare story after the other since an update came out about 5 days ago.
Forums are great for magnifying fear. Most users have had no problems at all.
The chances of a problem are very small.

You can calibrate by just carrying on using the old assist software.

I think if batteries had to go back to DJI following the update that might not be a bad thing. Mine were fine but if they had gone wrong you have to ask why. What was wrong with them and would they soon have failed, maybe in flight?

Meta4 said:
Davekyn said:
I have been reading nothing but one nightmare story after the other since an update came out about 5 days ago.

+1 mine works great with all the upgrades

Meta4 said:
Davekyn said:
Yeah unless it happens to you ! Took me over a hour to u brick a battery. There should be all this confusion with a simple update.

jetlag said:
Meta4 said:
Davekyn said:

+1 mine works great with all the upgrades

The information I received did not come from a forum but from an eccentric who's information I appreciate and character I admire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtS1mx8RJb4
(Due to my limited understanding, I found the term Battery firmware update confusing - as I am thinking if you update your DJI - that its the same thing? Perhaps one can update but uncheck the battery and gimbal options? I think not.) - If you also consider the amount of gimbals issues reported (Also Not Reported on this fan fair site) - then one would have to consider steering clear of this update - regardless of the hype that so often follows.

With regards to Forum Hype. I could not agree more! The fun for flying is constantly diminished with having to endure such hard nosed types that reside in here. I'm please to report I am flying higher than ever before and now looking into weather balloons. Hyperventilate on that. :lol: rofl ... Just kidding.

No offence intended of course, but I must say ... I tend to regard +1 as hype; but thanks for your thoughts. DJI/Brand/commercialized specific forums are also notorious for "playing down" such negative feedback with an unending supply of forum do-gooders who often succumb to the same fallibility of which they preach. ....anyways - Meta4, is on my ignore list. It's a great Feature!!!

I shall proceed to calibrate and avoid updating anytime soon. I have heard another report that DJI "quietly" uploaded a new .exe file in the last two days? Perhaps that is a fix without really admitting to their recent blunder.

Update 3.08 at your own risk. I have had better chance flying with Chinese props. :lol: Now that's hype for ya ... Been flying rock steady ever since using the $18:00 props off eBay! Pfft - and you want to talk about hype.

If I had a hearing aid, I would welcome the battery issues. Nice to know iggy is working well, although not surprising I'm still being stalked with comebacks that are set to bait. "rolls eyes"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31