Can I buy this anywhere other than best buy in person?

Reaction score
I finally got my check to be able to buy one of these things, none of my local best buys carry the standards or professionals... I've looked around but don't know where else I can buy them in store. I saw amazon.com but it wouldn't be here for a few days and I'm going to be out of town the week and back to work.

Why is it only available online? You'd figure you'd be able to buy one of these at target, walmart, radioshack, or a random place like Sears.

Sucks, but Best Buy online will arrive in a couple of days.

My local Targets both have stock of the Phantom 3 Standard.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

check this post 15 in the thread linked below. some targets have it on clearance for $350
you can check which targets have it in stock for that price around your area.

Phantom 3 standard $350 @ target ymmv

Weird. I ordered mine at Best Buy online. But said I will pick up in store. It showed me s store 20 miles away that had it in stock. So I just drove over and picked it up. They had it waiting for me since I already had paid. Maybe give it a shot. Even if you must drive.

Actually tried that, couldn't get to it. Drove 40 minutes down to that Target, I get home after the long drive. Unbox it, it has no battery or power brick. ;(
Did the packaging seem like it had been opened before?

Did the packaging seem like it had been opened before?

Yeah, it did. I went and got another one. This one is fine. Anything I should know when I first set it up? I'm reading on the app store don't update it or something of that sort.

That's non sense. Of course you want to update it. Just don't interupt it and all will be fine. Even if you do interupt. It will only scream at you until the update is finished. Good luck.

That's non sense. Of course you want to update it. Just don't interupt it and all will be fine. Even if you do interupt. It will only scream at you until the update is finished. Good luck.

Awesome, thank you! Can't wait to test thing thing out when it's finished charging :)

Reactions: Tony Cowan
I say don't do too much too fast to be safe. Ok. Fire up the engines and let it run at low speed. Don't be afraid to use the simulator to understand what you are doing. And always be aware of the kill switch. Never ever do this. Just a warning.

Well that was very scary. Tried to do simply take off in the room (1.5) meters, and it took off sideways. We didn't know how to land it and I had to hold it while my brother held it and we tried turning it off but we couldn't. Had to google it while my brother held it and was blasting through the whole room, papers flying everywhere and super loud, I finally knew how to land it by googling it real quick. Now I'm scared to fly it and scared its going to take off on me sideways when I take it outside (like it's supposed to be obviously)

I don't know how to bring up tutorial mode.

To be perfectly blunt, it was extremely foolish to try to take off indoors unless you are an experienced pilot. This is especially true for an initial take-off of a brand new untested aircraft when you have no idea how she might behave. You and/or your brother could have been seriously injured. Also you should have thoroughly read the instructions several times BEFORE you attempted to fly.

Do yourself a favor. READ THE MANUAL until it is second nature! You don't have time to Google what to do in an emergency. Know the controls. Know what to do in an emergency. Don't try to take off in the house unless you know the aircraft & are a competent pilot. Your Phantom will not be long for this world if you fail to heed my advice.

Well that was very scary. Tried to do simply take off in the room (1.5) meters, and it took off sideways. We didn't know how to land it and I had to hold it while my brother held it and we tried turning it off but we couldn't. Had to google it while my brother held it and was blasting through the whole room, papers flying everywhere and super loud, I finally knew how to land it by googling it real quick. Now I'm scared to fly it and scared its going to take off on me sideways when I take it outside (like it's supposed to be obviously)

I don't know how to bring up tutorial mode.

Reactions: ScottLB and JTC
To be perfectly blunt, it was extremely foolish to try to take off indoors unless you are an experienced pilot. This is especially true for an initial take-off of a brand new untested aircraft when you have no idea how she might behave. You and/or your brother could have been seriously injured. Also you should have thoroughly read the instructions several times BEFORE you attempted to fly.

Do yourself a favor. READ THE MANUAL until it is second nature! You don't have time to Google what to do in an emergency. Know the controls. Know what to do in an emergency. Don't try to take off in the house unless you know the aircraft & are a competent pilot. Your Phantom will not be long for this world if you fail to heed my advice.

Got it, and i'm reading the quick start guide (the poor excuse of a manual). It was VERY foolish: LOL. I had the impression it was able to be flied indoors, but that's not the case and its' right on the front of the manual. All I see here minute the quick start guide is safety instructions. Now something that isn't specified, is there anything to check before take off other than GPS being properly connected, propellers on securely and tight, imu being calibrated on a flat surface.. anything else I should know?

The Quick Start guide is just the very basics. You can access the full manual for your model from within the Go App (click the Oxford cap from the main screen) or by downloading it from the DJI site. You should read the manual several times & watch the DJI tutorial videos as well. In particular read & understand the controls, onscreen telemetry & indicators, flight modes, RTH, RTH altitude settings, & how to engage/disengage RTH.

Got it, and i'm reading the quick start guide (the poor excuse of a manual). It was VERY foolish: LOL. I had the impression it was able to be flied indoors, but that's not the case and its' right on the front of the manual. All I see here minute the quick start guide is safety instructions. Now something that isn't specified, is there anything to check before take off other than GPS being properly connected, propellers on securely and tight, imu being calibrated on a flat surface.. anything else I should know?

You should also practice with the flight simulator until you know. My goodness. That is a horrific story. Agreed you could have been injured. Please don't think of your drone as a toy. It's inherently dangerous. Keep that in mind always.

You should also practice with the flight simulator until you know. My goodness. That is a horrific story. Agreed you could have been injured. Please don't think of your drone as a toy. It's inherently dangerous. Keep that in mind always.

It was haha. the flight simulator is helping some. My first take off outside was terrible.

I set calibrated the compass, set the IMU mode and calibrated it first, and put it in "beginner mode" and set it to auto take off. It flipped over, and the blades got completely ruined. Thankfully I knew how to shut it off this time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik