Can I buy a new Gimbal?

Reaction score
I've just been told that it's not possible to buy a new Gimbal for the Ph2 Vis +!
Is this true?
Surely I don;t have to buy a whole new quadcopter if the gimbal is faulty?

Google may be my friend but I couldn't get any results from the UK so I would be more than happy for you to share them.

Sorry, no time for me to continue your research. I stumbled across multiple dealers in .US with the camera and gimbal in stock. I was looking for a CCW motor and speed control (don't ask).

webstereo said:
I've just been told that it's not possible to buy a new Gimbal for the Ph2 Vis +!
Is this true?
Surely I don;t have to buy a whole new quadcopter if the gimbal is faulty?

The part number you need is DJI-P2VP-02. It is the gimbal/camera assembly. Try searching for that. As another poster said, there are various dealers in the US which advertise them for sale. Amazon.com said they have 1 in stock as of this writing. $679.

Probably best to check dji.com for a list of official dji dealers in the UK and try them first.

webstereo said:
It was by them I was told it's not possible to purchase it.
That means they did not have one in stock to send you. Dealers probably have inventory (after all , that is what they do)

I saw them on DroneFly as well, $680?

There are several on eBay, but the asking price is around $800 US. Suppliers, when they have them, sell gimbals for the P2+ for around $700.

I would not buy a gimbal second-hand.

What is reprehensible, in my book, is people selling Vision Plus's on eBay with bad gimbals, and implying this is an easy fix, or "I don't know".
If you've crashed it and damaged the gimbal, it will need replacement under most circumstances. I see birds for sale with statements like 'just a little something wrong... minor damage... goes flaky sometimes... I don't know' etc. Yep, I was pissed when I broke mine 2 weeks out of the box too, but it was my fault and my loss. Trying to stick it to a newbie is just wrong IMHO. I'd like to sell my busted one, but I'll either have sell the bird without the gimbal, replace the gimbal myself and sell the old one for parts, or just keep it. which may not be a bad idea, because DJI may very well come out with a better gimbal/camera as an upgrade or the price of the replacement gimbal may drop over the next 6 months. By which time, I probably will have broken this one.

DCGOO said:
webstereo said:
It was by them I was told it's not possible to purchase it.
That means they did not have one in stock to send you. Dealers probably have inventory (after all , that is what they do)

No, it means what it says.

Well you are asking someone that has no idea.
The camera/gimbal is now available. Lots of people have bought them.
My bird if flying beautifully with a new camera and gimbal.

webstereo said:
No, it means what it says.

Are you going to believe some shady dealer who wants you to buy another Phantom or the people here who have bought replacements from their dealers, and taken the time to give you part numbers and links?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4