Can failsafe kick in after second battery warning?

Reaction score
Hello all,

Newbie question (as I want to learn before I see some things for myself out in the field):

I am reading that after second battery warning alert, the throttle "center" position will be gradually risen to about 90 percent of the throttle, so that it descends on it's own.

But can failsafe operate in this case? What if you are far away and this happens - sounds to me it will just descend and land wherever; not come back.

True or not?

you are correct after second battery warning phantom will auto land, but not return to home, so if your over water ouch. you should always land on the first battery warning.

Thanks! Has anyone experienced what would happen if the second battery warning comes in after the Phantom has already started the auto-landing procedure? Like in the middle? Will it just drop?

IceFireSoul said:
Thanks! Has anyone experienced what would happen if the second battery warning comes in after the Phantom has already started the auto-landing procedure? Like in the middle? Will it just drop?

During the RTH execution, if the battery FS level 2 is reached, it will just land then and there, no more RTH.
Several members disable the battery FS but they still use the timer or OSD to monitor the voltage so that the pack is not ruined.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1