Can DJI reduce a no fly zone for 10 meters if asked?

Reaction score
Hey all

There is a park in my city which is close to the stadium. Due to which its center space was turned into a no fly zone also. How do you think, if asking dji to reduce no fly zone for 10 meters, will they do it? Because its not gonna change much for them. And the park will be available for flight.

Here is the screenshot of the area.
6d1ed6027358d745260b6b2b858d2fc8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Screen shot did not post. I'm pretty sure with the latest firmware that the stadium should not be locked out, only a warning. If you post the name of the location I could check on this.

But to answer your question... DJI won't change the NFZ area. It's simply not going to happen.

Reactions: t2adze
Screen shot did not post. I'm pretty sure with the latest firmware that the stadium should not be locked out, only a warning. If you post the name of the location I could check on this.

But to answer your question... DJI won't change the NFZ area. It's simply not going to happen.

1468510229416.jpg

Attaching again.

Mikheil Meskhi stadium
Tbilisi Georgia

I was there today with 1.9 firmware and it didnt take off.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm not sure what you are looking at. DJI does not have any type of hard lockout on stadiums. Here is the stadium from DJI's No Fly Zone map:
upload_2016-7-14_15-37-56.png

Here is the stadium from DJI's GEO map:
upload_2016-7-14_15-39-35.png

So DJI does not show this area marked at all under either map.

I don't recall the exact numbers, (30 miles I think), or the source. The no fly/warning zones only show up if you are within a certain distance of the zones. So No Fly Zones will not show up in Aisia/Europe if you are in Utah/US.

Reactions: t2adze

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.