Can camera be set to always record while in flight?

Reaction score
Wondering if there's a way to avoid "oops, wasn't filming" syndrome and have the video camera begin recording automatically upon takeoff?

You can start recording before each takeoff. Include this as part of your SOP. :)

Actually, it's easy to notice on the DJI Go app screen if you're currently recording or not once you're familiar with the interface. ;)

Litchi has auto record in the camera settings:

"Auto Record: Enable/distance Auto recording. Auto record starts/stops when motors start/stop."

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Vedeler
Wondering if there's a way to avoid "oops, wasn't filming" syndrome and have the video camera begin recording automatically upon takeoff?
Put label on your recorder reminding you start recording-- that is what I did

Oddly enough, if using the POI on the DJI GO app, it's interface covers up the right hand of the screen, and covers the video recording UI which irked me to no end...

Oddly enough, if using the POI on the DJI GO app, it's interface covers up the right hand of the screen, and covers the video recording UI which irked me to no end...
There is a "Hide" option to click on which will open up the camera buttons.

Yup. But you can also hide that window and then bring it back up by pressing the light blue flight mode box next to the middle green GPS box.

There is also a button on the RC that lets you start and stop video recording.... just saying.... so if you want the window up you can still start and stop video recording.

Alan

use the button on the controller for all the camera functions that are covered- much easier than dealing with the screen--

use the button on the controller for all the camera functions that are covered- much easier than dealing with the screen--

Except if the POI screen is covering the camera functions, hitting the button on the controller may start recording, but it may also stop recording. Without visibility, you won't know if you're recording or not.

Like others have said, hiding it works, but I dislike hiding it if it's the currently active mode. I'd much rather move it out of the way instead of just hiding it.

Except if the POI screen is covering the camera functions, hitting the button on the controller may start recording, but it may also stop recording. Without visibility, you won't know if you're recording or not.

Like others have said, hiding it works, but I dislike hiding it if it's the currently active mode. I'd much rather move it out of the way instead of just hiding it.
hide the screen -- do your check and reopen the screen with the icon at the top left

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers