Can anyone please tell me why is this happening?

Reaction score
Next to the horizon, and jerkiness issue that i have, there seems to be some kind of focus problem:

Anybody knows why is this happening?

Please watch it on YT (larger video) as on this small one everything looks ok.

All made in 1080p 50fps in Aperture mode, stick to 2.8. Shutter was always over 200 and more.

Next to the horizon, and jerkiness issue that i have, there seems to be some kind of focus problem:

Anybody knows why is this happening?

Please watch it on YT (larger video) as on this small one everything looks ok.

All made in 1080p 50fps in Aperture mode, stick to 2.8. Shutter was always over 200 and more.
Seems like you didn't tap to focus. All the video is out of focus.

1) Do a IMU calibration
2) Do a gimbal calibration
3) Put MANUAL white balance as your taste, color profile none, 0 0 0.
4) Try to use manual settings and use a shutter speed 2x the frame rate (if you record at 60fps, use 1/120 or the closest value, if you record at 30fps, use 1/60 or the closest value)
5) Mantain the aperture close to f/5.6 (the sweet spot of this lens)
6) Before record, most important thing... tap in the screen to acquire focus!

And my advice: If you need 1080p footage, don't record in 1080p straight in P4P. Record in 4k 30FPS (H265 if you have enough time to convert the media) and reencode to 1080p. You will have a much better quality and detailed footage.

Thats all. Try it!

Yep he's right. It's out of focus. Just set your tap on screen to be your focus mode. And I would also try to stay closer to F5.6 too. Not sure why it would need an IMU calibrate though. I saw one little twitch didn't I? I have also been having a very few twitches myself. In winds of maybe 10mph. Never had any jerks with my P4's though.

Yep he's right. It's out of focus. Just set your tap on screen to be your focus mode. And I would also try to stay closer to F5.6 too. Not sure why it would need an IMU calibrate though. I saw one little twitch didn't I? I have also been having a very few twitches myself. In winds of maybe 10mph. Never had any jerks with my P4's though.
I was told him IMU calibration followed by a gimbal calibrate because I see misaligned horizon in the last scene. Luckily I don't have bad horizon in my P4P but I understand that these procedure might be the best idea to get a centered horizon gimbal.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr