Camping trip

I'm a Mac user. Used iMovie hahaaaa I'd love to get more into some of these other programs that u pros use :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm a Mac who uses iMovie too! The problem is that although my 2011 MacBook Pro with i5 and 16GB of RAM can render 4K video, it can not play it back. So this makes it very hard to edit. It also is choppy with Xcode, which gives me another excuse to upgrade (once new model comes out);). The only problem is that Macs are so expensive (but worth it).

Reactions: Geeno
I'm a Mac who uses iMovie too! The problem is that although my 2011 MacBook Pro with i5 and 16GB of RAM can render 4K video, it can not play it back. So this makes it very hard to edit. It also is choppy with Xcode, which gives me another excuse to upgrade (once new model comes out);). The only problem is that Macs are so expensive (but worth it).

I had choppy issues with my 2010 MacBook that I use too. But if you let the 4K video run for a few seconds it stabilizes and runs smoothly. At least that's my experience

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

how do you recharge the batteries on a camping trip or you just used whatever flight time you had with one charge?

As far as my battery life, I have three batteries that was enough to get me thru this trip. I'm planning on getting a couple more to get me thru a longer trip. I also have a power converter that plugs into my truck that charges my batteries over night. Don't have any issues not having power in the middle of nowhere :)

Hey fellas. Just finished a short video of a family camping trip from this weekend. Hope u enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Did you just upload straight to youtube via imovie? I hate that it doesnt upload the full 4k version and that it compresses. Unless i am doing something wrong. I had to save the full 4k file on my comp, then upload the full version to youtube to enjoy its full 4k quality

Did you just upload straight to youtube via imovie? I hate that it doesnt upload the full 4k version and that it compresses. Unless i am doing something wrong. I had to save the full 4k file on my comp, then upload the full version to youtube to enjoy its full 4k quality

No I usually save to my camera roll and upload it from there. I was under the impression that YouTube doesn't support 4K videos yet. At least they only playback in 1080p. Is that right?? I'm still really new to the encodings and quality abilities of YouTube and in general... Anyone know about this???

more and more people are starting to use vimo, from what I heard, they do not compress, play in 4k. Maybe someone can chime in on this as I am new to the video side of this and still trying to learn all I can before posting a video.

Reactions: Geeno
I thought you were going to clip that tree in the beginning. lol

NIce shots and nice end zoom away with sunset.

I thought you were going to clip that tree in the beginning. lol

NIce shots and nice end zoom away with sunset.

It came close didn't it!! Good video example of the front sensors for sure!!

I had choppy issues with my 2010 MacBook that I use too. But if you let the 4K video run for a few seconds it stabilizes and runs smoothly. At least that's my experience

What are your specs? I try to let mine run but it stays choppy. Anyway... I thought about getting a new Mac and I'm probably going to try to hold onto mine for another year. I don't need 4K that bad (have to convert to 1080P).

No I usually save to my camera roll and upload it from there. I was under the impression that YouTube doesn't support 4K videos yet. At least they only playback in 1080p. Is that right?? I'm still really new to the encodings and quality abilities of YouTube and in general... Anyone know about this???

When I viewed your video it appears you published it in 720P. The 1080 viewing option wasn't available like normal in the gear settings for resolution preference. Was your output from iMovie 1080P?

more and more people are starting to use vimo, from what I heard, they do not compress, play in 4k. Maybe someone can chime in on this as I am new to the video side of this and still trying to learn all I can before posting a video.

Yeah someone introduced me to vimeo. There were some better benefits than youtube. They have different membership levels, which i think all dont have ads. But yeah, my friend introduced me cause of the ability to upload as is without any compression.

What are your specs? I try to let mine run but it stays choppy. Anyway... I thought about getting a new Mac and I'm probably going to try to hold onto mine for another year. I don't need 4K that bad (have to convert to 1080P).

I thought about the debate between 4k and other resolutions. I think about it this way. Why did i pay $$ for such a fine machine to get 4k quality only to be limited when uploading or creating a video? IMHO, I want to enjoy how 4k quality to its max all the time. Electronics will only move forward ya know so why dumb it down. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: jcommisso

Ive seen 4k video on youtube, but its limited. So i dont know if those users are paying to have their content on their servers. I did a 1min video and it was already 4gb.

Ive seen 4k video on youtube, but its limited. So i dont know if those users are paying to have their content on their servers. I did a 1min video and it was already 4gb.

Hahaaa and who wants to just do a 1 min video?!?!? I think I uploaded a video to Vimeo and it looked like crap compared to the one uploaded to YouTube. I might have to try that again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20