Camping Trip ~ Advice on storage needed.

Reaction score
I'm going to Big Bend national park next month for a 3 day camping trip.. I'll be taking my P3 Standard and my Ribcage Modded Hero 3+ Silver for ground shots.. I plan on capturing a bunch of film and photography.

I already have two 32gb micro SDs and an 8gb micro SD that came with my phantom. I know I should purchase more memory cards, what do you guys think is a safe bet to take?

Should I purchase a couple additional 64gb cards or a couple 128gb cards? I just don't want to run out of space.

You do know you can't fly from a national park, right?

I don't think the bird will accept more than a 64GB and you don't have enough batteries to fill a 64 up in three days. Even if you do operate outside the park.

SB

You do know you can't fly from a national park, right?

I don't think the bird will accept more than a 64GB and you don't have enough batteries to fill a 64 up in three days. Even if you do operate outside the park.

SB

I'll be mostly filming on the ground with my other camera. Taking a lot of time lapses.

I'll be mostly filming on the ground with my other camera. Taking a lot of time lapses.

I would think 64gb would be plenty. If they catch your operating your Phantom inside the park, it's be seized and you'll be cited into federal court.

I wish I was going with you. It's about 0º out there in 20" of old snow.

SB

I would think 64gb would be plenty. If they catch your operating your Phantom inside the park, it's be seized and you'll be cited into federal court.

I wish I was going with you. It's about 0º out there in 20" of old snow.

SB

If I'm smart about it, is it possible to get away with it? I don't expect a lot of people being there in late February.

There should be plenty of places outside the park to fly. And you can take off outside the park and overly it.

It's not worth hoping you won't get caught. I'm guessing it's a $1200 ticket.

SB

If I'm smart about it, is it possible to get away with it? I don't expect a lot of people being there in late February.

Let me get the magic 8 ball out and peer into the future.....

You might get away with it... you might walk away with a $1200 citation. I can tell you... park rangers are probably not going to cut you any breaks and most everyone is probably going to notify them. You may also then end up in the news... which really does not help the situation.

Let me get the magic 8 ball out and peer into the future.....

You might get away with it... you might walk away with a $1200 citation. I can tell you... park rangers are probably not going to cut you any breaks and most everyone is probably going to notify them. You may also then end up in the news... which really does not help the situation.

It's a huge park.. and in a time of year that not as many people are there. I'll play it by ear.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20