Camera yaw (pan?) axis rubbing, but gimbal status "normal"

Reaction score
Hello all,

I ordered a factory refurbished PS3 from Amazon.com (official) and it finally arrived yesterday. After my first encounter with a tree, I noticed that there is something wrong with the left/right axis of the gimbal. (Based on the worn paint already when I noticed it, I'm not convinced it was caused by the crash, but I doubt it's worth trying to convince DJI…)

Anyway, instead of floating freely, the bracket holding the camera catches on the plastic cover that's below it [when the drone is upside down].

Has anyone had this problem before? I can't figure out where the misalignment is:

* the cover is all the way on, in fact if I take it off the bracket practically droops onto the chips underneath.
* I've tried loosening the set screw to slide the bracket away from the body as much as I could, and made sure that it got retightened on the flat of its shaft
* hard to be sure, but I disassembled the gimbal and nothing was noticeably bent or misaligned

What's weird is that the app doesn't complain of any gimbal overload. It seems like it doesn't rub quite as much when the camera is hanging down [drone right side up] but it certainly doesn't float freely like I imagine it should.

What should I try? It doesn't seem to affect the basic functionality much, but I assume this axis has some purpose for stabilization or maybe one of the modes I haven't tried yet. Thanks for any ideas!

Folow the video, release grub screw, pull arm up away from plastic cover, and tighten again

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks, as I mentioned I already tried loosening the screw and adjusting it. What it ended up being was more subtle: the whole arm (the one with the cable) was twisted and actually has a bit of a crack. So it probably was damaged in my first crash.

The arm was set as far away as it could be, but because it was warped one side of it was causing the rubbing. I removed the arm from the shaft and carefully bent it back closer to straight using a padded vice and some padded tools. Now it "springs" back and forth like it should.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan