Camera very hot!

Reaction score
I had my Phantom 3 Standard on and just sitting in the living room. I was going through all the menus and playing around with the settings while also formatting my SD cards and putting them in the drone to make sure I had no SD card errors before tomorrow's flight. (Yes I've had SD card errors.) And I noticed the camera was super hot! Actually too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. Is this normal to run that hot when it's just sitting with the props not moving??

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah it gets hot, needs air. Point a fan at it. When it's flying air keeps it cool.

Yep --- I have a small 5v PC fan mounted on a base board that I stand the model on. It runs of a 4 cell NiMH pack via switch.

Nigel

Hi ... actually since Nov 15th - I've been in Slavyanka, just south of Vladivostok in Russia. My work is Superintendent blending up fuels ... for international clients.
Flying has not been possible since leaving home .... and I expect to be home late pm on 31st Dec. Just in time to drink the new year in. Married to Russian lady ... live and work with Russians mostly.

Because the job is 24hrs - I am often at the computer waiting next batch - so I fill in time with forums.

I'm a trained professional navigator, ex senior ships officer, fuels blender, consultant to various international bodies, diplomas in electronics, chemistry, physical sciences and construction, amongst other things !! I travel worldwide on this lark.

Modeller for over 50yrs, going from free-flight through to latest RC.

Hi ... actually since Nov 15th - I've been in Slavyanka, just south of Vladivostok in Russia. My work is Superintendent blending up fuels ... for international clients.
Flying has not been possible since leaving home .... and I expect to be home late pm on 31st Dec. Just in time to drink the new year in. Married to Russian lady ... live and work with Russians mostly.

Because the job is 24hrs - I am often at the computer waiting next batch - so I fill in time with forums.

I'm a trained professional navigator, ex senior ships officer, fuels blender, consultant to various international bodies, diplomas in electronics, chemistry, physical sciences and construction, amongst other things !! I travel worldwide on this lark.

Modeller for over 50yrs, going from free-flight through to latest RC.
Wow, that's awesome.

He posts even when he's flying. Very dedicated pilot, that Nigel is.

Wait till I get my Soloshot 3 camera system - allied to the P3S - awesome !!

Nigel

Reactions: microraptor
Wow, that's awesome.

You will note also that I tend to stay inside certain topics that I have a reasonable grounding in unless asking a question. I also rarely answer questions about a model I don't have ....
(My current ready to fly hangar exceeds 50 models .... )

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues