camera unresponsive

Reaction score
This morning was flight #15. was all excited to show a co worker in a back lot of a mall by me how wonderful the p2v is. Well it hovered for a few seconds just as i was about to snap a shot and then it erraticly flew all over the place and unresponsive. it flew to about 30 ft in the air and then crashed on the blacktop. so i took the p2v apart to check the damage...needs all new props, 1 motor, board for motor, body, camera mount. the gimbal works as it should but the camera has a dimming red light that fades in and out and i am not seeing a picture. Is there any way to troubleshoot this camera? if not what are my options as this camera is rather expensive to replace.

Where did you buy it and how long ago?

If your vision is still under warranty you should call your dealer first and explain them what happened.

I had a very similar experience. Had it repaired through DroneFly.com. They did a great job and was much less than expected. And they only had it about 3 days. Very happy. I still have some lingering problems with the crash but drone fly got me back in the air.

nike785 said:
purchased it through bhphotovideo.com about 3-4 weeks ago

B&H Photo has a 30 day policy, check to see if you still have time, You had a flyaway, see if they can do something,if not then send it for repairs.

Good luck.

I Spoke to folks over at B&H and Are shipping a brand New unit. Fantastic customer service. They stand behind there customers. I highly recommend this stellar Company to anyone.

Remember "all this talk" is from a self-selecting sample of people coming to internet forums for help. It's going to skew the real picture. Have a look at some of the "My Vision's never put a foot wrong" type threads for a bit of balance.

If you've lost confidence in it then just get your money back - you won't enjoy the experience of owning and flying it if you're always going to expect a flyaway anyway...

(No issues since 1st November here)

yeah as ever Pull_up is on the money ....

I am amazed anyone would replace these P2V's with really no proof of a "pilots" actions ..... as from looking at so many of these PC/P2/P2V forums etc I think half of the talk about flywaways is sheer fantasy covering mistakes, improper use and misconfig, .... which culminates in catastrophe ..... somehow then blamed on the bad ole chinese manufacturer ??

Dont get me worng ....Im not saying there are zero problems with these things, but to me I dont think they are as bad as some whom have experienced the errant behaviour of crashes etc make out.

Pull_Up said:
Remember "all this talk" is from a self-selecting sample of people coming to internet forums for help. It's going to skew the real picture. Have a look at some of the "My Vision's never put a foot wrong" type threads for a bit of balance.

If you've lost confidence in it then just get your money back - you won't enjoy the experience of owning and flying it if you're always going to expect a flyaway anyway...

(No issues since 1st November here)
Thanks for the input, it's just like anything I guess you always have that certain percentage that it will go wrong... I've had it for a week now and it's just too cold and snowy and I just don't want to get it out in spring and find out I can't return it and this thing is a Lemon :roll:

These Are fabulous units. Dont think my misfortune is grounds for you or anyone else Having a lemon. But...if i had to dø it all over i would just get a phantom 2 and splitte for a gopro and zenmuse gimbal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik