Camera Tilt

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm brand new to the forum and brand new to the drone world.

I received my Phantom 3 Standard this past Monday and was having so much fun until Tuesday afternoon. I had a slight crash which broke an ear on the vibration plate mounted to the body. I ordered new pieces and just received them today. I competed the repairs and fired it back up for a test flight. When doing so is when I ran into my problem.

The camera now fails to stay "level" vertically. When I use the tilt wheel on the remote moving the camera "down", once it goes about 20 degrees or so, it goes limp and faces straight down. The tilt wheel at this point does nothing and is unable to move the camera back to "level". I've done a bunch of searching and found the Horizon Fix videos and thought maybe that would work, it did not since my issue is not horizontal but "vertical". I also thought that maybe the 3 wires I reconnected were not seated fully but after inspection of them this wasn't the case either.

Has anyone ran into this issue as well? I have tried using a ton of different key words when searching but keep coming up with results about the horizon fix and not the tilt.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, I have run the calibration multiple times with no luck.

Let me figure out how to post a video here and I'll do so shortly. Thanks for the replies.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me know if anyone is able to view the video. The video shows the camera going limp and facing straight down. I'm unable to use the tilt wheel on the remote to control the vertical positioning of the camera.

The video plays, still got the problem?

It looks like you need to send it in for diagnostics. Sucks to pay for labor and wait for it to return, but they'll do more than find and replace broken pieces as you did. They should be able to ID the component that's responsible for the woes you have.

DJI Support - Here for You

Chris

Yes I still have the problem unfortunately. I have been in contact with DJI and they are going to repair it. They said that turn around time is 2-3 weeks which I didn't think was to bad. Plus on going on a two week vacation next week so it will actually work out ok. Thanks for the replies guys. Once I find out what the actual problem was I'll post it here. That way if anyone ever runs into the same issue they will know too.

Just a quick update. I was speaking with DJI about this issue and they weren't able to figure out what was wrong without me sending the drone back to them. I sent it out on the 8th and it was just returned yesterday. I have no opened the box yet as I am out of town, so I am not sure if there will be a note inside stating what was wrong, but it was 100% free of charge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31