Camera stopped working on PV2

Reaction score
Hi - My PV2 has been working beautifully, and all of a sudden the camera seems to have stopped working. I notice that there's no power light at all on the camera. The plug is solid; the unit has never crashed or been shaken badly. (I've run the rebinding and all is fine there) I've not taken anything apart…any suggestions, pilots? Thanks!

It sure would be nice if you found that the 3-position switch on the back of the camera had gotten moved, maybe to an "in-between" position that was the same as "off".

Other than that remote possibility, I got nothin', sorry.

I am having problem with the live video feed cutting out and showing a black and white picture of the last frame it viewed or a blurred picture occurs. The happens on 75% of my flights. I am usually about 200-300 ft away when this occurs. All the flight data continues however I am left with a frozen screen that will not reset unless inland and reset the device. I am flying the PV2. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

kookjo said:
I am having problem with the live video feed cutting out and showing a black and white picture of the last frame it viewed or a blurred picture occurs. The happens on 75% of my flights. I am usually about 200-300 ft away when this occurs. All the flight data continues however I am left with a frozen screen that will not reset unless inland and reset the device. I am flying the PV2. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Try reducing the preview quality setting in the app, are you on v3.0 by any chance?

Thanks Madwak, the version of the DJI app on my iPhone 5S is 1.0.37, I just downloaded the latest version this am prior to flying to see if the app was the problem, still experienced the same problem. My preview quality (which I have no idea even means) is set on 640x480x15fps, I will drop it to 320 at 15fps. Does this impact the quality of the photo or video that is captured by the camera or is this the image resolution of the live display? Thanks in advance for any assistance as well as replying to my question.

kookjo said:
Thanks Madwak, the version of the DJI app on my iPhone 5S is 1.0.37, I just downloaded the latest version this am prior to flying to see if the app was the problem, still experienced the same problem. My preview quality (which I have no idea even means) is set on 640x480x15fps, I will drop it to 320 at 15fps. Does this impact the quality of the photo or video that is captured by the camera or is this the image resolution of the live display? Thanks in advance for any assistance as well as replying to my question.

The preview quality setting has no impact on what is recorded on the SD card it just makes transmission of the data between phantom and phone quicker as there is less data. You may also experience problems if using a "slow" SD card and might find you get signal break up whilst flying and recording compared to flying and not recording. As with all computer stuff it sometimes helps to do a reset on your phone in case there's any corruption in the program's it's running, I don't mean a hard reset just a power off power on reset. You know the one "have you tried turning it on and off" :)

Understood, really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions, I already made the adjustment and getting better results. Thanks!!

While I have your expert advice available, do you use prop guards? As a rookie it was a no brained as I went through 8 props in one day on silly little bumps into a bush for example. Now that I am a confident flier and only have a minor bump now and then I removed them as I thought it would improve flying performance. Just curious on your position as well as other positions you may have heard elsewhere. One thing is it certainly makes the P2V a safer drone for obvious reasons. Last question I promise!!

No I don't use them and never have, they are said to make the phantom more unstable in high winds. The only time I have crashed is when the wind blew it over after landing before the motors turned off, just a couple of marks on the props no damage. I tend to stick to flying in wide open areas if I want to have a bit of fun flying, and if flying anywhere near trees I keep it calm cos I cannot afford to replace the whole thing due to serious damage. The best way to make it a safer drone is completely avoid flying it near other people. I have had problems with two of my three batteries where the app reports low battery alarm and tries to auto land I've even had this when it was showing 78% so there's no way I completely trust this thing not to cut out and drop out of the sky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers