Camera slightly misaligned

Reaction score
The camera on my vision + is slightly misaligned, enough to be annoying, any idea what could have caused that and how to fix it?
I didn't have any crash, only a few small bumps while landing. Recently updated the camera firmware, I doubt this could have an effect on this?
Attached some pictures of the camera position, also opened the back to take a look at the shaft, but it looks ok to me?

Attachments

• 20150126_224036.jpg
    20150126_224036.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 855
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 852
Welcome to the forum. Mine is kinda like that too. Has been from day 1. No crashes or bumps either. I really do not notice it in any image I have taken but I am kinda OCD :shock: & it bugs me too!

Firstly, is your table crooked? If not then proceed.

With small tilts that are 1 or 2 degs off, find a surface that is levelled with the horizon in both axis.
Make sure the phantom is cold and not flown or turned on in the last half hour.
Start Phantom Assist on your pc and immediately do an advanced IMU the moment your phantom is powered up (Doing it when cold speeds up and keeps her accurate).

Reactions: Gazzer
Can confirm that the table is fine at least :p
I did try the advanced IMU, I got the "too hot" warning and kept going but it didn't do anything.
Will try again when it is cold, thanks for the answers!

vico36 said:
I did try the advanced IMU, I got the "too hot" warning and kept going but it didn't do anything.

You always get the "too hot" message, ignore it. Even a cold Phantom, left off over night reports the message.

vico36 said:

Get a spirit/bubble level and test your table.
And the too hot warning is legit. I do mine when she is cold and never get the message. If I leave her idling just for 1 minute, the MC too hot warning appears. With the wifi module sitting next NAZA/IMU, the phantom heats up quicker. The warmer the phantom, the longer the adv calibration will take.
Just make sure it finishes the calibration in less than 2-3 minutes and that the green ticks appear when completed.

I did another advanced IMU calibration with the phantom being cold, didn't get the "too hot" message this time, however the camera is still not perfectly aligned (same as before). Sadly I don't have a spirit level to test the table, going to order one and will test again after.
wxman: I did look at that video and was going to do it, but it seems to me that the shaft is correctly aligned with the camera (see picture in first post)? also if I have to do it every other flight, it doesn't seem like a good fix.
It seems like it's not being set to the horizontal position when I turn the phantom on.

Last option is the shim fix. I cant find it using the search here. Its only good for 1 or 2 degree tilts.
What you do is place washers at inbetween the body and the gimbal bracket to offset the minor tilt.

I really hope there will be a good solution for this. I have same problem.

Attachments

• 20150129_170257.jpg
    20150129_170257.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 475
I had this problem after a bit of a bumpy landing. Fixed it. Check the video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxM8OOWRQc[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member