Camera Shutter Length ?

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to drones, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. My cousin has a Vision 2 +. When we push the camera to take a still, the screen does the spiral spin to a black screen (like it should). The problem is that it stays black screen for a long time (10 seconds). He is using the Vision App. Is there a setting that I can change ? This is annoying to just have to pause flight & pic taking for this long. Oh & I should mention that he uses a IPhone 4. Any help will be appreciated ! Thx

I'm a newbie to drones, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. My cousin has a Vision 2 +. When we push the camera to take a still, the screen does the spiral spin to a black screen (like it should). The problem is that it stays black screen for a long time (10 seconds). He is using the Vision App. Is there a setting that I can change ? This is annoying to just have to pause flight & pic taking for this long. Oh & I should mention that he uses a IPhone 4. Any help will be appreciated ! Thx
It's a long time since I had a P2V+ to check but are you shooting jpg + raw files?
If you shoot jpg only, it will take a lot less time to write the files to the card.
Maybe that's the issue?

I'm not familiar with that platform, but exposure is exposure. I would buy the "fastest" card available that works with the platform, and then with settings on RAW go to a safe place to fly, and practice with exposure settings, making note of the sun angle, and write it down! Then, check your shots - see what looks best to your eye, and then replicate it.

Sounds to me like the ISO may be too low / aperture too small for the shot. What you did NOT mention in your post, was the "result" of the exposure. Did the image look okay, overexposed, underexposed? If the image looks fine, then it's most likely related to how fast the data is being written to the card.

Thanks Gulfstream. I'll check those things the next time I get down to my cousins house. Anybody else have any ideas for me to try ?

Know that if you Switch to the free litchi prog you can click hi res stills WHILE recording HI RES VIDEO. Much better than dji app!

0 delays.

It's a long time since I had a P2V+ to check but are you shooting jpg + raw files?
If you shoot jpg only, it will take a lot less time to write the files to the card.
Maybe that's the issue?

Thx That was the problem. He had it set on RAW. I changed it to jpeg & it was a lot faster. Thx again for the input from everyone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr