Camera settings help please

Reaction score
Ok so here is my problem

The setting are pretty much left stock
Day time not bad but I'm sure there is settings out there that are better

Mainly for day time and sunsets

I've noticed that nite time even in lit places with parking lot lights I get noise "white dots"
But I've notice on YouTube a lot of nite videos that are not clear but there is no noise
Something wrong with my unit or I just need to do something in settings

Sorry reminder this is a phantom 2 vision + v3.0
Never crash unit over 100 flights always hand catch

I know it's not near perfect but looking at some night videos on YouTube
And it's better than mine so I'm just looking for some good night settings and daytime setting for camera I don't know what any of the settings are

Thanks guys

The camera is very limited.

When mine was still attached:
in bright day time - use 720@60fps. Set the ISO to 100. Nominate the cloud for balance. Average metering. And Exposure -0.3.
It is critical to that you do NOT use AUTO settings.

in night, use 1080p@25fps (the lower the fps, the longer the shutter stays open to let more light in). Use ISO 200 (400 too grainy). Nominate the cloud for balance. Average metering. And Exposure -0.3.
It is critical to that you do NOT use AUTO settings.

Auto causes a jump in the histogram and causes the yellow/purple haze for a fraction of a second.

Also, you may be watching on a lower(smaller window) res on youtube (not full screen). At smaller resolutions, jello and prop shadows no longer manifests.

Could be some of the night videos you see are shot with GoPros.

My experience is that the vision plus is useless from dusk to dawn. Even in not quite dusk low light they are bad.

The easy way to reduce noise is to blur your video or resize it to a lower resolution. There are other denoise effects and plugins for editing software like Final Cut. The best one is from NeatVideo. It takes a long time to process your clips, but when used properly it can salvage what seems like unusable footage. Unfortunately, I've found the Vision+ noise in low light to be so bad that not even Neat can rescue it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31