Camera settings for night shooting on P3P

Reaction score
Can any one please suggest a good setting for the camera on a P3P. I need to shoot video at night but with many bright spots. I tried it today but the bright spots looked completely white without definition completely over exposed. Any suggestions to be able to find a middle point. Poorly lit areas not too dark and the bright spots not completely white.

Thanks a lot for your help.

They are many topics about that just search for night you will find it I read iso 400-200 is the ideal for night shots

Depends on what you are shooting. If you shooting video, then use 200-300iso as stated above, move to a slower FPS format like 24FPS and that way you can lower your shutter speed down to get good exposure. Remember you can always boost your exposure of video and stills in post. If you are shooting photos, then similar thing. Slow your shutter speeds down, still use lower ISO. When you push higher, it will get real grainy real fast. I try to shoot same 200-400 and then do brackets of shutter speeds and blend them together in Lightroom / Photoshop. That way you can get a good exposed final image like you would do for a sunset image. Use Manual mode so that you can control everything. Otherwise the auto setting will blow ISO way up and you won't get good images.

Depends on what you are shooting. If you shooting video, then use 200-300iso as stated above, move to a slower FPS format like 24FPS and that way you can lower your shutter speed down to get good exposure. Remember you can always boost your exposure of video and stills in post. If you are shooting photos, then similar thing. Slow your shutter speeds down, still use lower ISO. When you push higher, it will get real grainy real fast. I try to shoot same 200-400 and then do brackets of shutter speeds and blend them together in Lightroom / Photoshop. That way you can get a good exposed final image like you would do for a sunset image. Use Manual mode so that you can control everything. Otherwise the auto setting will blow ISO way up and you won't get good images.
thanks so much. how long shutter spead do you do for photos? and also if u blend multiple photos in light room after does it come like when i shoot with a tripod with the trailing light. i normally shoot 4-8 seconds shots with my slr on tripod and they come beautiful.

thanks so much. how long shutter spead do you do for photos? and also if u blend multiple photos in light room after does it come like when i shoot with a tripod with the trailing light. i normally shoot 4-8 seconds shots with my slr on tripod and they come beautiful.
Yes the lights do stream. I have shot 2-8 second shots. Depends on the lighting and the wind. Need a calm night for long exposures. But in a calm evening you can get some cool shots. I'll upload a pic here of City of Austin.

Here's some pics from my website - http://www.overlookfs.com/gallery.html

fedcef2ff09687cc2a271f75d2c5c6dc

587eb9353d1730d3cd65aee6fbc7a2ae

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1