Camera seems to roll to one side limp

Reaction score
Quick question.

I have a few pretty brutal crash and burns with my 4k.

I am having a situation where the roll motor/servo just gives up and the camera angle falls to the limp position. It may stay like the whole flight, or sometimes I can transition from a hard quick right to a hard quick left and it will come back to life. Sometimes that works for the rest of the flight, sometimes not.

I do not see any obvious signs of ri bin cable or motor damage.

Presenting this to the smart minds here, do you all believe I have a roll motor issue or a ribbon cable issue. Granted, they are both relatively cheap, under $50 each, I would prefer to only have to purchase one.

Also, I am finding it hard to find genuine dji parts online, I am seeing alot of fake China parts labeled as OEM and genuine. Seems to be a widespread problem.

Also, how likely is the roll motor the problem? Is it a normal problem area after a crash?

Check that the yaw arm didn't slip out of position. Grub screw should be square with the flat spot on the motor shaft.
Also take the cover off the roll motor and see if the flat spot on the motor shaft going into the position sensor is pointed up when the camera appears level. If not, you can use plyers to carefully reposition it. There are videos out there for both of these fixes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers