Camera repair questions

Reaction score
So I crashed from maybe 10 feet up, and tore part of the ribbon cable. Camera was just doing the triple beep thing. I replaced the ribbon cable, and now camera powers up, but its not really pointing or filming, and the picture kind of cuts in and out.

I see the LED directly on the camera base flashes green when it first powers up, but then switches to red flashing. It doesn't still beep constantly, but it does beep occasionally.

Instead of the 3 repeating beeps, its a very occasional "BEEEEEEP beep beep"

I can sometimes tilt the gimbal up and down, and sometimes I get a picture, but it drops out frequently.

What can I check? What can I do? Worst case, if I have to replace this board or camera, who on here is known and trusted?

I'm trying a firmware upgrade, from an SD card, and it just seems to cycle repeatedly. After a good hour, I ejected the SD card and checked, and there was no success or failure .TXT file on it.

Which Phantom do you own?

Is it a original dji cable? That could be your problem if it's not the original dji cable

Phantom 3 professional. I'm not really sure how the ribbon cable would affect a firmware update, you should be able to do that with no cable whatsoever attached. But it was one I got off of amazon, if that helps.

With the many modules on the P4, it is possible that the update routine stops when it cannot communicate with one.
I have the P3P, but yeah, I suppose that makes sense... whats odd is that it "kinda" worked when I first replaced the cable, and stopped working completely when I tried the firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20