Camera Removal

Reaction score
Used the search function and didn't find anything..

I plan to use the p2v camera to photograph some field sites during the summer, however I need the camera to face down. I ordered it last week (before I realized the P2V+ was coming out so soon) and rather than returning it and paying a couple hundred more for the new model I am just going to buy some spare batteries to increase my time in the field.

My question is - I need to modify the P2V so the camera can point straight down. My idea was to either remove the camera from the gimbal it came with and build a mount for it, or angle the gimbal the 40 deg it needs to face straight down. Has anyone every done anything similar? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you could somehow lengthen the two forward vibration bushings slightly, that would get you straight down.

Bump. Anyone with any suggestions? Might end up just fixing the camera to the body somehow and removing the gimbal. Did some test flights today, absolutely love this camera

I dont think your going to succeed in this endeavor. You need to get a real gimbal. I recommend goodluckbuy. It appears to be the most fun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic