Camera Quit Working

Reaction score
Had a nasty crash where one of the motors or the ESC failed. Tumbled about 40 feet onto a parking lot. Banged up but no too bad. Got a new ESC ordered and will see if that fixes it. But suddenly my camera quit working. I checked it out right after the crash, because the mount for it ripped, but the zip ties I had in place acted as a safety so the camera didn't go flying off. Putting everything back together and camera worked. Took everything apart and checked for damage. Camera still worked. Put everything back together and camera no longer works. It's like it doesn't power on. No green light on the back at the wifi setting. Did I somehow short this out? I tried rebinding to get it to connect, but nothing. The stabilizing motor works, just not the camera.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the DJI FC-200 "Short-O-Matic"... Inserting or removing the 4 pin power plug with power energized, and sometimes without results in a blown capacitor on the Central Circuit Board.

Pull the top off and look next to the camera cable, it's quite obvious.
IMG_0926.JPG

GetaGrip said:
Welcome to the DJI FC-200 "Short-O-Matic"... Inserting or removing the 4 pin power plug with power energized, and sometimes without results in a blown capacitor on the Central Circuit Board.

Pull the top off and look next to the camera cable, it's quite obvious.
IMG_0926.JPG

Hey GetaGrip - I'm new to the forum and the phantom 2 vision, but I've got this exact problem. Can you tell me if it is repairable?
Can the little, tiny capacitor be replaced and all is well? If you can point me in a good direction I'd appreciate it.

cheers
Eric--

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.