Camera Question

Reaction score
A few questions regarding the FC40 camera as I am having problems with it.

1. How to properly charge? If plugging into wall what Voltage/amps should the charger allow to get to it?
2. How do you know when it is fully charged?
3. When I turn my camera on the Wi-Fi light flickers, but the FC40 Android app, nor my android device see the Wi-Fi broadcast.
4. I'd like to record without being attached to android device, but when I press record button, Wi-Fi light just keeps flickering and I never can get the camera to record.
5. Is there a reset button internally on the camera to reset the Wi-Fi?

Thanks for any help.
Galen

I used to plug mine in USB on PC until red LED goes off.
Have you set WiFi in Android to discover mode ?

Every other Wi-Fi broad cast is recognized. Don't know why the camera broadcast is not seen by either the android app or the tablet itself.

I have seen different answers about charging the camera. Some say it doesn't work connecting to the PC others say it does. Some say the red light goes out when fully charged, others say the red light stops blinking and is solid when fully charged?????

Trying to use this camera has been a real PITA. I have to charge mine with a cell phone charger and eventually the light goes out completely. That's as far as I have gotten because it connects to my Galaxy S3 for about two seconds at a time. From what I understand, other wifi devices and signals in the area are playing havoc with my connection. I am not a tech savvy person- so I don't know. I just got used to keeping it in sight and not worrying about it. Sorry I cant help more.

If the green light is blinking the camera is still setting up it's WiFi access point, wait until the green light is solid, then connect the phone to the camera network. You might already do it like this but just to be sure.

When the light is solid red, the camera is writing data to the sd card or it has a data connection through USB. When it's blinking red it is charging. When there's no red or green light at all, still on the charger, the thing is fully charged. Some computer USB ports provide enough power to charge (red light should blink). If not, use a typical USB phone charger, for iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, whatever, as long as it is a cell phone charger with USB you're fine. I use them all actually, got several adapters for different phones and they all work.

Also, when you manually put it to record, the green light blinks (slower than when initialising wifi), not the red as you would expect. So it is recording when green blinks. When you stop recording the green will be solid until it shuts off automatically. It also blinks when it is controlled through wifi by the phone app, in recording or just viewing. Check the SD card, are there files on it?

Be sure to set the time and date in the App (click on the little phone icon) and safe it to the camera otherwise it will be back on default next time you use it.

james-fox said:
Trying to use this camera has been a real PITA. I have to charge mine with a cell phone charger and eventually the light goes out completely. That's as far as I have gotten because it connects to my Galaxy S3 for about two seconds at a time. From what I understand, other wifi devices and signals in the area are playing havoc with my connection. I am not a tech savvy person- so I don't know. I just got used to keeping it in sight and not worrying about it. Sorry I cant help more.

I had the same problem with my S3 until the poster Stony30 posted this:
Try this , Go to your network settings . Make sure your "optimizer" setting is off. (Uncheck box). I had same problem. Should solve yours.

I did this and it works perfect now/

Thanks for your responses.

I've pretty much tried everything.

Although I am new to the Phantom, this can't be typical for a new user. I think the camera is defective. Power on, green light flickering, never stops, Wi-Fi broadcast never seen. Unable to record anything, unable to connect.

Is there a hardware reset on this camera? I notice a small hole next to the Wi-Fi icon.

Thanks,
Galen

Tried a different Micro SD card? That's about all that's left to try. That camera is a disaster really, poorly documented and inconsistent in operation. I'd let it fully discharge if you can, that's possibly the only way of doing a factory reset (come to think of it, every time it's switched on, it's forgotten the date). Charge it back up until the red light goes out, try another SD card then switch it on giving it about 40 seconds and hope the LED switches to solid green. At that point it should be available as a WiFi access point, but only for a short while; if nothing connects to it in a certain amount of time, it'll switch itself off again.

Most often you find teh wifi issues are down to the device connecting to the camera. For some reason the S3 seems particularly susceptible to issues and from reading about the place it appears there is a wifi setting on the phone needs changing (under advanced settings).

I've followed all suggestions and appreciate the time other users have taken to make them.

Well, honestly, connecting to my android for FPV flight is really not first priority. I just want to be able to record my flight on the SD card.

Since all I ever get is flashing green light on the camera, no recognizable wifi broadcast and nothing happens when I press the record button, I'm going to call DJI support this morning and see what they say.

Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl