Camera protector

Reaction score
Thought the plastic brace splinting the camera out of the box was what needed removing. Just discovered the foam rubber block underneath the gimbal(which is clearly marked - "remove before flight" Duh!) Have I damaged anything from 3 short Beginner flights with it still in-place?

I just discovered the same thing yesterday after a flight. I turned the Drone over on my table because I was having problems getting the sd card out of its slot. That when I noticed the foam. I can't believe I missed that with having at least 10 flights logged.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You aren't the first! unlikely that you did any damage, if it was causing any real problems you would have gotten a "Gimbal Error" message. But don't be surprised if those first videos are shaky!

Probably no damage if it is still working. I have the PolarPro snap-on and flew with it on once for about 20 minutes wondering why I had a black video screen during flight. When it came back I saw the cover on the lens. Opps! Still works though.

Now I rarely even use a clamp or cover as the hard case has a foam block in the bottom of it, or I just toss it onto the rear car seat and leave a seat belt over one arm to keep it from falling forward.

Thought the plastic brace splinting the camera out of the box was what needed removing. Just discovered the foam rubber block underneath the gimbal(which is clearly marked - "remove before flight" Duh!) Have I damaged anything from 3 short Beginner flights with it still in-place?
Removing that foam piece was included in the tips that I sent you on Tuesday. Maybe take a look at the other tips. They might save you from another surprise. Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic