Camera problem ??

Reaction score
Just got my fc40 last week and today took it for my first flight.

I put in a 32gb sd card. Its a samsung class 10.

I am getting signal to my phone perfectly.

However the problem is the recording to the SD card.

I getting a steady blinking on the green LED when the dii app on phone is in camera mode but the LED goes off when I goto settings or album.

If I press record, nothing happens (steady blinking as above) I did record 1 video but then it will not record any more.

I reformatted card and it still will not record.

There is no error message (red blinking).

The battery is fully charged in the camera.
I have tried a second slower 32gb card I have with same result.

Just to clarify, Pressing the record button on app, this I take is only recording the transmitted information sent to the phone ?

Any ideas ?

thanks

Recently my FC40 did behave strangely as it stopped recording spontaneously and I had to start recording again from the app.
(recently there's been a lot of wifi traffic in my area)

But in the past, after initiating recording, I have flown the phantom out of fc40 camera's wifi range to the point that my phone stops receiving live feed and then after roaming around, when I got back to see the video, the camera had recorded everything while out of fpv range.

Its after all recording on its on board sd card only.

I think long pressing on the red record button on the camera triggers manual recording.

Thanks

I have tried doing a short press and a long press (manual says 3 seconds to start), I may have pressed it longer than this initially as it was so bright with sun I could not see what the led was doing.

I think I may have to try walking down the road with the camera and see what happens.

robinb said:
Thanks

I have tried doing a short press and a long press (manual says 3 seconds to start), I may have pressed it longer than this initially as it was so bright with sun I could not see what the led was doing.

I think I may have to try walking down the road with the camera and see what happens.

It sounds like you are trying to record using the camera record button. What are the results if you use the record option in fc40 software. I have had a couple times that my camera turned off, I think I might have brushed the button with my finger and the first couple times I don't think I had charged it properly using usb. since then I only turn the camera on and off through software.

Yes

I am trying to record via the button on the side of camera.

My understanding but maybe I am wrong is that by using this button the video is stored on the memory card.

If you use the record button on the application then its stored the video on the phone. (this bit works)

Have I got this wrong ?

Thanks

robinb said:
Yes

I am trying to record via the button on the side of camera.

My understanding but maybe I am wrong is that by using this button the video is stored on the memory card.

If you use the record button on the application then its stored the video on the phone. (this bit works)

Have I got this wrong ?

Thanks

I guess the answer is yes you have it wrong. lol. This game we are playing is fun but like everthing else there is a real learning curve. As far as I know there is no way to record to your phone. I know you would think since we are using the phone we would really USE the phone. No, all the app on the phone does is give you the camera view and allow you to take pics and videos. All that stuff is stored on the memory card in the camera. So, I bet all your frustration with recording videos will be resolved.

I have found that to charge the camera I must plug into AC adapter (phone charger is fine) fast red light blinks then goes out when fully charged. I plug into usb and transfer the pics and videos to my hard drive to view, I think the red light on the camera is on solid when doing this.

Thanks, this is confusing :)

However when I click in the album on my phone, there are options to store to phone, delete etc.

I can play video before storing or just leave it in the album, after storing I see the video in my phone memory when I connect it to my laptop.

The other thing I just tried WITHOUT connecting to wifi is to press the record button after powering up on side of camera and the video is stored on the micro sd card and I can see that. The led on front blinks orange as it records.

So when you press the record button on the app, where is the recording going, the sd card or the phone ?

For me, when I push the record button on my phone the video is stored on the card in the camera.

I think mine is doing the same.

What is confusing me is the manual and its mentioning of pressing the record button on the base of camera.

Thanks

robinb said:
I think mine is doing the same.

What is confusing me is the manual and its mentioning of pressing the record button on the base of camera.

Thanks

Yeah, I see what you mean. My method which works for me is 1st thing I do is take the camera out of its holder and turn it on. Iput the camera back in its holder and adjust the angle of the camera. I wait a minute or two then I turn on my wifi extender then I load fc40 on my phone and check for a live picture. Then i go through the whole phantom startup. After I get a good blinking green light, and I count at least 10 green blinks with no red after both home locking signals and then I push record at which point I am ready to fly.

When I first got my fc40 I noticed that pushing the record button was not reliable so I have not used that. I push record on my phone screen and then stop the recording when I am done in the same manner.

If you are recording and lose the connection, it will start a new recording after a few seconds and you'll need to stop the recording with the button on the camera before turning the camera off.

If the camera is recording, you will not be able to connect or re-connect to it. You won't see what the camera sees any more.

If the camera is not recording and you lose the signal, it will re-connect when it gets back into range. At this point, I'm not sure if it does it on it's own or not. I think it does. I haven't flown it far enough to lose the connection recently! :D

And yes, it always records to the car. After it is finished recording, you can copy it to your phone. It will still be on your card, too.

The manual is as clear as mud. The botton the side of the camera is the on and off switch. If you are using FPV and this camera, this is what you will use. As you fly, you should be using the app to view what the camera sees. The app allows you to record live video or take still pictures. The video or pictures are located in the camera. After flying the app gives you the option to view the pictures or save the pictures to either a tablet or smart phone. Other options are; format the memory card, set the date and save to phone, tablet. Before flying, make sure the date is correct. If the date is not updated, newer video, pictures will over write the older work. After taking videos, pictures it is nice to reformat the memory card. To turn off the camera hold the side button for about 5 seconds.

The button on the bottom of the camera is like the button on regular camera to take still pictures. There is no real reason to use this button. Hope this information helps.

Thanks, yes your right about the manual.

I did find you can record a video using the base button as long as the camera is NOT connected to another device.

I think the manual needs a bit of rewriting :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31