Camera Power Board - why would it need to be replaced?

Reaction score
Tell me about the camera power board and why it would need to be replaced. I presume it supplies power to the camera but could it cause image transmission issues (loss of signal), a gimbal motor overload message, the camera to move around on it's own and then be pointed towards one of the skids and more important, zebra stripes on a lot of my pictures and videos?

DJI says that is what needs to be replaced. I don't know much about the inner workings of these but I think it's a camera issue that's causing the zebra stripes. That's the most important thing for me. Why fly if I can't take quality pictures and videos.

but I think it's a camera issue that's causing the zebra stripes.
Have you posted images here so others can evaluate?

Yes, I posted some in this thread - Why the distortion on the water tower in my pics?

And this is -

dji_0297-jpg.100844

I've taken the same photos with my previous two P4Ps. Never had a problem with either of them. They were perfect! I expressed my concern to DJI but it seems like that fell on deaf ears. The person I spoke with just said they would work on it.

This looks like an overexposure warning. Iv'e seen these before and they look just like your image. Do a forum search for Overexposure Warning and you will find several of these.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I did some research and changed my settlings while flying one day. I was able to eliminate the stripes but the pictures were to dark. I took the same pictures with the same settings with my previous P4Ps. Those were great. Even shot sunsets without changing anything. Those photos looked fine.

I have a similar issue. While the “zebra stripes” resemble the overexposure warning they’re actually visible in the raw file after I take the image. Is that an easy fix to make? Or are they telling you to send it in?

Attachments

• ED0795F5-D96F-40E6-BE24-21409D7CFD5A.jpeg
    ED0795F5-D96F-40E6-BE24-21409D7CFD5A.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 276
The first time I contacted DJI they told me to check my settings and make sure the firmware is up to take. I did that then went for a quick flight. That didn't help so I sent it in. I included the the problems I listed in my first post. They said it needs a new camera power board. It's on the way back so I guess I'll have my answer the end of next week.

The first time I contacted DJI they told me to check my settings and make sure the firmware is up to take. I did that then went for a quick flight. That didn't help so I sent it in. I included the the problems I listed in my first post. They said it needs a new camera power board. It's on the way back so I guess I'll have my answer the end of next week.

Took mine to a local repair place who said the same thing, they’ll have mine fixed early next week, hope yours works great upon its return!

Took mine to a local repair place who said the same thing, they’ll have mine fixed early next week, hope yours works great upon its return!

I rather not pay to have this fixed but I might end up doing that if I have the same problems when I get it back. There is a DJI dealer/repair shop less than 30 minutes away. I bought my first P4P from them. I'll be heading over there if I still see stripes. I'll update this thread either way.

Got it back yesterday and the issue was still there so the repair shop put a new flex cable in for me, looking forward to trying it out again once some rain clears out! Shoutout to Drones Plus Dallas for some great customer service.

It looks like the camera power board worked. I took a bunch of pictures and a few video over the weekend. Everything looks good. I even took a few pics of the water tower with the sun reflecting off of it. No stripes at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4