Camera Position on Gimble

Reaction score
I have posted about my problem with getting the Phantom failed to connect error when I try to connect to plane, but I have noticed that the camera is now pointing straight down almost, can somebody confirm if this right for startup, it does move on the gimbal when I rotate the drone, but I am sure it did not do this before my error. Just trying to rule out anything as I have had time today to have another go at it.

Flack IMG_0684.JPG

Yeah,
Do you have android phone?
Or IOS?

I have a iphone 6 and tried my Ipad, I even tried my daughters Samsung andriod and it was still the same,I have just opened up my camera and can't see anything not connected, boy is it cramped in there..
One thing I have found is that the gimble motor is only supported on one side with screw, the other side has a hole in the camera mount but no pin it it to support the camera.

Just tried another extender and still the same, so its looking like my wifi in my camera is the fault.

Do you have a friend with android?
The reason I ask, is there is an app ( android only ) IOS banned all such apps from their database! Anyhow the android APP, tracks wifi signals,
DJI's wifi CODE, is
( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? )
The 6 question marks are your unique MAC ADDRESS!
This will provide 2 things:
A) if it can track your cameras code ( then wifi board is working )
B) can obtain the unique MAC ADDRESS on any camera ( don't spread this info around too much PLEASE )
If you send me a PRIVATE, conversation request, I'll fill you in!

Also
I did not know what your original problem was? Can you fill me in on the story, and what you've done so far!

Lastly, you will need a new gimbal BOTTOM mount, if the pin has broken off! Also USUALLY when that happens, it also STRIPS OUT, the servo cam ( little clear/white plastic piece behind rubber cover, and screw ) this is most likely why your camera is pointing straight down!

Let me know, thanks!
Jerry

Reactions: dirkclod
Do you have a friend with android?
The reason I ask, is there is an app ( android only ) IOS banned all such apps from their database! Anyhow the android APP, tracks wifi signals,
DJI's wifi CODE, is
( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? )
The 6 question marks are your unique MAC ADDRESS!
This will provide 2 things:
A) if it can track your cameras code ( then wifi board is working )
B) can obtain the unique MAC ADDRESS on any camera ( don't spread this info around too much PLEASE )
If you send me a PRIVATE, conversation request, I'll fill you in!

Also
I did not know what your original problem was? Can you fill me in on the story, and what you've done so far!

Lastly, you will need a new gimbal BOTTOM mount, if the pin has broken off! Also USUALLY when that happens, it also STRIPS OUT, the servo cam ( little clear/white plastic piece behind rubber cover, and screw ) this is most likely why your camera is pointing straight down!

Hi Jerry thanks for the replies..this is my original post with my problem.
Connection To Phantom Failed | DJI Phantom Forum

I have an app on my iphone that scans networks and it shows me my phantom mac address, but only that one, I have tried this app to search for the cameras wifi but could not find anything other than my iphone and ipads mac's.

I have managed to get the broken part of the pin out of the gimble mount and glue it back on with some industrial super glue, the little white gear that drives the gimble is ok and not stripped out, the gimble works ok and the camera is solid now.
But it still defaults to full down position when powered on. but if I pick the drone up and move it the gimble moves but not far from the full down position, its like its trimmed fully down.

Flack

Ok,
Try this first, remove the rubber plug, take out the little black screw ( with gimbal pointing down ) back the insert out a bit until camera moves free from servo, now hold camera level, and push on insert, install screw and rubber plug! Now test!
If this does not work, you'll have to hook to PC assistant and fidget with your settings! Under gimbal tab! Make sure center is 0, I run mine 1000, and negative 250 ( -250 ) for max, and minimum settings, also make sure you have NOT chosen ( UPGRADE CONTROLLER ) choose BASIC instead!

J Dot

Ps, if you receive no wifi signal, than wifi board, or receiver board is bad!
Unfortunately, the bottom and second to bottom of stack!
To help you out, where the LENS RIBBON CABLE, inserts into top board, you'll see a tiny strip of black plastic on the connector, this strip flips up, to release ribbon cable, just a tip as it will help during disassembly! Then simply push cable back into slot, and flip black strip down to lock! I just worked on one with a bad power board! If you have any questions, I can try to help you along the way, ask around, as many members here have broken, crashed or burnt out cameras, that may have the board/boards you need!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey,
After I sent that last reply, forgot to add, the MAC addresses on DJI cameras are HIDDEN, none of the IOS apps will locate it, that is why Apple banned them all, only one I know of that does work is for android!
Just letting you know!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod and Flack
Jerry success I stripped the camera down further like you said and found one of the cables going to righthand side wifi board has come off, I think the last owner must have crashed this bird with the gimble pin being broke and now the wire. I now have my video showing on my phone :cool::D,

Just one problem now and thats my gimble does not move when I touch the screen but does when I move the bird, but that can now wait till tomorrow as I need some sleep..
Once again thanks for help and support..

Flack :)

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj