Camera popped off in crash

Reaction score
Was fixated on phone screen trying to figure out why I lost video and hovering phantom vision 2plus drifted into a wall about 8' off the ground. What seemed like a benign crash resulted in the camera flying off and the ribbon that connects the camera optics to the phantom was torn away. How much luck will I have with service? Any recommendations on how to handle the repair? Thanks

You can buy a really expensive replacement gimbal/camera (around $700), or send it in for repair. I had the same thing happen with mine. For a while DJI wasn't issuing RMAs because they didn't have parts, they started issuing RMAs last week and I sent mine in. Haven't gotten a price back yet though..

They haven't made the ribbon cable available by itself yet either. Assume eventually DJI or someone else will be selling them.

ryanhoelzer said:
You can buy a really expensive replacement gimbal/camera (around $700), or send it in for repair. I had the same thing happen with mine. For a while DJI wasn't issuing RMAs because they didn't have parts, they started issuing RMAs last week and I sent mine in. Haven't gotten a price back yet though..

They haven't made the ribbon cable available by itself yet either. Assume eventually DJI or someone else will be selling them.

I had the exact same thing happen to my PV2+. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks with no luck. I would love to send it to dji but I can't get a response via email or phone. How did you send it in?

I got through on the phone. I had to hold for almost an hour but just let the phone sit on speaker while I was at work. Seems like time of day matters, I've always gotten through later in the day..

SAFIREGUY said:
ryanhoelzer said:

I had the exact same thing happen to my PV2+. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks with no luck. I would love to send it to dji but I can't get a response via email or phone. How did you send it in?

Had same thing happen to me last week. 8' up, hover, Copter took off sideways into a tent (couldn't even correct), flipped and camera parted from the gimbal. Need ribbon cable!!!

Which ribbon cable are your guys referring to? The one that is inside the camera. or the one that is the 3 wire one that comes from inside the phantom and plugs in to the servo on the camera mount?????

If its the one inside the camera that attaches the cameras lens and photo sensor the the board thats not replaceable as a part.

But the other one that goes from the naza and plugs in to work the servo on the camera is available. Tho you have to buy the cable pack. which comes with that and a few others such as the compass wire. the white wire that powers the camera and a few others. "DJI PHANTOM 2 VISION PART 22 CABLE PACK" here is an example http://www.ebay.com/itm/271530454195?ss ... 1497.l2649

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie