camera points wrong direction

Reaction score
I did a full gimbal repair Flex cable realign my horizontal on my camera everything works great except it points a little bit to the left what am I missing I can't find in tutorials

Make sure yaw arm and shaft are aligned, set screw square on flat spot of shaft and arm is straight.
I assume you've done a full gimbal calibration?
Sometimes IMU calibration helps.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for replying dan, i did cover all that. Did the IMU while it was cooled down. rebuilt the gimbal again and still off by a bit.

You didn't say why you replaced the flex cable, or if you replaced any other parts.
We (I) can only assume that there was damage from a crash......
A camera not pointing true forward can be from a slightly torqued (twisted or bent) yaw arm or roll arm.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I did crash it and replaced the yaw arm, flex cable (only because it came with the yaw arm) and replaced the body because of a bend on motor #3. The camera would still face forward after the crash and a gimbal calibration. It was tweak but forward till after my repair. I was able to align the camera roll by leveling the crescent on the shaft, but see no way to adjust the main vertical shaft coming down from the logic board. I see no tweak on the roll arm but you have me wondering, lol.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4