Camera plate repair, need help

Reaction score
The camera mounting plate on my P3P (the one with the four screws that bolts the entire camera to the aircraft) has a broken leg underneath one of the white rubber shock absorbers. How do I remove the two colorless pins so I can remove the rest of the camera from the plate? Are the pins one-way and one-time use? Need to get one more flight out of the bird tomorrow and then I can effect a permanent repair with a new plate, but I need the flight.

Reactions: hunch
You can use very small nylon ties if you break them. Just don't pull them tight. Leave them loose. Some guys use one tie just in case the pins come out. I just buy a lot of spare pins.

It should have come with spare anti-drug pins. However, if you push the clear plastic holder disk up instead of off, compressing the white rubber suspension piece, it will widen against the shaft. Then push it smartly off and if you are quick and fidm enough the plastic washer will pop off the anti-drop pin and free it.
Then leave the lock washer to sit a moment and recover its shape and you can reuse it later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20